SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wash U Acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by choker, Nov 3, 2001.

1. choker

choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2001
    alright, I haven't interviewed there yet, and i know they're rolling, but i was wondering when they start accepting MD candidates, because a good friend of mine just got into their MD/PhD program. I am concerned that since my application was in late (recently completed), I am at a significant disadvantage if they've already started filling their class.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    No better year than this to submit late! Don't worry.
  4. mwilson

mwilson treo 7+ Year Member

Sep 13, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    I interviewed there last week, and we were told that they won't be meeting to approve the first round of acceptances until the end of November for the regular MD program. So there is still time, and they stressed not to worry if you didn't hear early. Applications will be reconsidered every time they meet over the next few months. Hope that helps.
  5. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I also got accepted MSTP, and in the email they sent me, they said that the first regular MD admissions committee meeting is on Nov. 29th.

Technically, MSTP admissions are not formal until the regular MD admissions committee meets and agrees with the MSTP committee on which people to accept. However, 99% of the time, the regular MD admissions people agree to accept the MSTP admits.