Wash U interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

::Seabass::

bringing burkas back!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to Wash U to interview yet? Mine is coming up in 2 weeks and I was just wondering if it is like the other schools since no one has posted their review yet.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I still remember my interview experience from last year. if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me with them. good luck!

My interview is in one week (I am soooo excited! ) and I do not know anything about it either. Has anyone gone to Wash U yet that can tell us what to expect...I mean, is it laid back or is it very intense with lots of questions about the health care system and current medical events? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
i am going to washU in a bit - but i think at school of high caliber the field is wide open. at my last interview - i was asked things like "how is us healthcare funded"; "how many uninsured americans" (the answer "uhhh, a lot?" doesn't suffice ;)) "what percentage of scientific paradigms are on solid ground"; "is healthcare a right or priveledge?" --- so it goes to show you have to just be all over the place. i worked my way out of almost all of them - but if you don't know something, just go for the "i don't know" answer. it is safer than makin something up and looking stupid.

-jot

wow! Those are hard questions...what school was that?!?!

Originally posted by jot
i am going to washU in a bit - but i think at school of high caliber the field is wide open. at my last interview - i was asked things like "how is us healthcare funded"; "how many uninsured americans" (the answer "uhhh, a lot?" doesn't suffice ;)) "what percentage of scientific paradigms are on solid ground"; "is healthcare a right or priveledge?" --- so it goes to show you have to just be all over the place. i worked my way out of almost all of them - but if you don't know something, just go for the "i don't know" answer. it is safer than makin something up and looking stupid.

-jot

Is that for MSTP though?

that was the hopkins ;) - i had 6 interviews (5mstp,1md) - really nice for the most part, but a couple guys just made me think a bit more which is fine. the guy was an md/phd interviewer (but md like questions)- it seemed like the md faculty were a bit more chill (though everyone was really nice). people were quite nervous it seemed, its better to just relax a bit.

-jot