Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Wash U summer research

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by closertofine, Mar 28, 2004.

1. closertofine

closertofine Emerging from hibernation
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry if someone posted about this before...I haven't been keeping up. I'm relatively set on going to Wash U, and even though I'm not MSTP, I've been thinking about doing the pre-first year summer research thing there...partly to get to know the city, people, etc before school starts.

I know I got a letter or some info about this, but now I can't find it. And I looked on Wash U's website but couldn't find the info there either. Does anyone know about this summer program and who to contact about it? And is anyone else planning on doing the program?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey Karen,

I'm not sure if this will be much help to you, but I participated in Wash U's Biomedical Research Apprenticeship Program (biomedRAP) during the summer of 2003. From my experience with the Wash U, I have some contacts in the medical school (mainly in the DBBS), and I'm sure they could help you out. If you'd like this info, PM me! If you'd like this info, PM me!!!!

Felipe

4. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes Large Member
    10+ Year Member

Ill PM the info to you tonight or tmw. Good luck "L"

CCW

5. closertofine

closertofine Emerging from hibernation
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks to you both...I appreciate it. By the way, if anyone knows about the possibility of getting a job at Wash U instead (does the research program pay at all?), I'd like to hear about that too...I think it would be good to get moved in and get to know the city some before school starts...so thanks! :)