Wash U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Logan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to the interview with my girlfriend, so I'm not staying at the school. Does anyone know of any good hotels near the medical school? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Oh baby!

Hopefully one with thick walls :)

j/k

Didn't they send you all the information of where to stay in your interview packet? Or with the email?
Just email them and ask what hotel they recommend.

My sister actually drove with me to my interview at Wash U, and we stayed at the Best Western that they listed in their info. It was in an ok area and was like $90 a night. If you are willing to drive a little bit, there is a ton of hotels just over the bridge in East St. Louis, IL, which are half the price. It would be like a 20 minute drive in the morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Chase Plaza is a walking distance from the med school. Nice is an understatement for the place. I stayed there and had 2 T.Vs and a huge kitchen in my room. The hotel also has a real movie theatre in the lobby where both of you can catch a movie. The catch is that I think it might be extremely expensive. I stayed there on the MD/PhD program's tab and so can't quote any prices for you. Definitely inquire about it.

damn you md/phd's! :D it's like us "regular" md's are secondclass citizens hehe

Hey Original..

I'm assuming they will be putting us up in the same hotel for the 2nd look? I sure hope so, its hands down the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at.

I cant remember the price, but off the top of my head it seems like I remember the sign on the back of the door listing the rate as at least $200.

I sort of hope so too but I really don't care. I thought all that luxury was too much for my head. I can only eat so much steak and drink so much wine. Are you doing 03/22 or 04/12? I'll be at 04/12 since I leave the country 03/21.

Hey Matt! Stop hating :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Original:
•I sort of hope so too but I really don't care. I thought all that luxury was too much for my head. I can only eat so much steak and drink so much wine. Are you doing 03/22 or 04/12? I'll be at 04/12 since I leave the country 03/21.

Hey Matt! Stop hating :D •••••Are you going back home? I'll be going in the first week of June. It will be the first time in 4 years.

i like how a piss crappy hotel room in midtown NYC with just a bed and a 10inch television costs around 250/night, and you can get a luxury suite in St. Louis for cheaper.

Warpath:
Yeah I'm going home. I got a nice one for $1,200 NW/KLM. Last time I made the trip was Christmas 2000, so it's been a little over a year for me. I might, but highly doubt that I'll go back in june for a long kick-back. Lagos is a thrill.

If you are flying, you can take the Metrolink (light rail, 25-30 min) downtown from the airport and stay downtown. You can probably stay at the Drury Hotel, Holiday Inn, Marriott, or something comparable for under $100. You can then take the Metrolink to Wash U, which has a stop right by the med center (10 min from downtown). If you are looking for something nice and fancy, the Chase Park is right next door to the med center. <a href="http://www.chaseparkplaza.com/" target="_blank">http://www.chaseparkplaza.com/</a> A room can be had for $150-250 per night.