1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wash U

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Logan, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Logan

Logan Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm going to the interview with my girlfriend, so I'm not staying at the school. Does anyone know of any good hotels near the medical school? Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Oh baby!

Hopefully one with thick walls :)

j/k

Didn't they send you all the information of where to stay in your interview packet? Or with the email?
    Just email them and ask what hotel they recommend.

4. Dylann FMD

Dylann FMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My sister actually drove with me to my interview at Wash U, and we stayed at the Best Western that they listed in their info. It was in an ok area and was like $90 a night. If you are willing to drive a little bit, there is a ton of hotels just over the bridge in East St. Louis, IL, which are half the price. It would be like a 20 minute drive in the morning.

5. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

The Chase Plaza is a walking distance from the med school. Nice is an understatement for the place. I stayed there and had 2 T.Vs and a huge kitchen in my room. The hotel also has a real movie theatre in the lobby where both of you can catch a movie. The catch is that I think it might be extremely expensive. I stayed there on the MD/PhD program's tab and so can't quote any prices for you. Definitely inquire about it.

6. matthew0126

matthew0126 Anaheim Angels
    7+ Year Member

damn you md/phd's! :D it's like us "regular" md's are secondclass citizens hehe

7. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Hey Original..

I'm assuming they will be putting us up in the same hotel for the 2nd look? I sure hope so, its hands down the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at.

I cant remember the price, but off the top of my head it seems like I remember the sign on the back of the door listing the rate as at least $200.

8. Original

7+ Year Member

I sort of hope so too but I really don't care. I thought all that luxury was too much for my head. I can only eat so much steak and drink so much wine. Are you doing 03/22 or 04/12? I'll be at 04/12 since I leave the country 03/21.

Hey Matt! Stop hating :D

9. warpath

warpath Officer Cadet
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Original:
    <strong>I sort of hope so too but I really don't care. I thought all that luxury was too much for my head. I can only eat so much steak and drink so much wine. Are you doing 03/22 or 04/12? I'll be at 04/12 since I leave the country 03/21.

Hey Matt! Stop hating :D </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you going back home? I'll be going in the first week of June. It will be the first time in 4 years.

10. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i like how a piss crappy hotel room in midtown NYC with just a bed and a 10inch television costs around 250/night, and you can get a luxury suite in St. Louis for cheaper.

11. Original

7+ Year Member

Warpath:
    Yeah I'm going home. I got a nice one for $1,200 NW/KLM. Last time I made the trip was Christmas 2000, so it's been a little over a year for me. I might, but highly doubt that I'll go back in june for a long kick-back. Lagos is a thrill.

12. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

If you are flying, you can take the Metrolink (light rail, 25-30 min) downtown from the airport and stay downtown. You can probably stay at the Drury Hotel, Holiday Inn, Marriott, or something comparable for under $100. You can then take the Metrolink to Wash U, which has a stop right by the med center (10 min from downtown). If you are looking for something nice and fancy, the Chase Park is right next door to the med center. <a href="http://www.chaseparkplaza.com/" target="_blank">http://www.chaseparkplaza.com/</a> A room can be had for $150-250 per night.

13. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member