Washing Manual Intern Survival Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this book any good? Thanks.

Signed, One soon to be neurotic intern. Trauma first month, uhhhhhh.

Members don't see this ad.

haven't used it personally, but I heard it's not too good. It is supposedly a little too basic to be worth the investment.

haven't used it personally, but I heard it's not too good. It is supposedly a little too basic to be worth the investment.

Its worth flipping through. Helps you with some basics.

Clinical Correlates Medicine handbook, pocket medicine, phamacopea, maxwells, and Tarascon's critical care were what I carried with me. They are all little books except for Pocket Medicine which I left in my call room most of the time. That stuff combined with Up To Date and you're set.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought it and have flipped through it. It looks basic but useful, esp. for the first month or so when you can't even remember the simplest things but really don't want to call your upper level (like how to treat constipation for example). Also has ACLS algorithms and a good section on internet and palm resources.

I found it comforting the first few months. I'm selling one on half.com for 20bucks if interested....

i liked it a lot. yes, it's basic, but when you're a new nervous intern, it's great! i liked the pain control pages a lot too. it's a heavy book though, imo - the only negative ;)

i carried it on my palm TX as well, but it wasn't as useful there. better to have it in hand.

i got the book and like it. I hope I won't be needing to use it that much by the end of the month. But its a nice thing to look to right now.