Washington Manual: Surgery for PDA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Worth buying?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Worth buying?

Thanks!

You're a soon-to-be intern, right?

Get the WashU Surgery Survival Guide instead of the Wash manual. The latter is more of a condensed textbook while the survival guide actually has practical ward information. I'd get the print version - it fits easily in a pocket. But that's just me.

I also am unsure about the pda version... although open to opinions..

I am looking for golden tools for internship that don't way down that new white coat.

I have found that I want more description (and the attendings require) a greater understanding of info rather than simple recall of concepts, which is what I feel like PDA versions give you.

Also the program director looks in your pockets and makes fun of you for what you carry!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
i Have the PDA version but its difficult to use and anyway the book is always better to have

I have the PDA program. I don't use my PDA almost at all, so obviously this program doesn't get a lot of time. However, perusing it does reveal that it is very abridged.

You can probably get a drug rep to buy the PDA thingie for you.....something to think about.

Honestly, I have no advice here.......

Thanks for the advice.

I went with Mont Reid, and ABSITE for my inservice exams.

:thumbup: