washington manual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coconut lime

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know where to find this for a PDA? and can you get it for free for palm? how about a good medical dictionary?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

coconut lime said:
does anybody know where to find this for a PDA? and can you get it for free for palm? how about a good medical dictionary?

thanks!

Skyscape specializes in medical Palm/Pocket PC software, including Wash Manual, 5MCC, dictionaries, and dozens of others. It all costs money, though.

Stedman's medical dictionary is great...also available from skyscape.

Good luck!
M

Members don't see this ad :)
hello all

I've been offered an older (28th) edition of washington manual ... any thought on if that's going to be ok or do I really need the newest edition. How about a 12th edition Harrisons? (current is 15th).

thanks for all input.

You might be pushing it a little with an older edition, you always want to have access to the lastest info. The Washington Manual is now on the 31st edition. Have you ever tried shopping at Amazon.com Marketplace? I have bought a ton of great medical texts there for great prices...I bought the new ed. Wash. Manual for $28. Yes, they are used, but you can read the seller's descriptions and decide for yourself. Good luck!

Monika :)

coconut lime said:

thanks!

No, it's not free. Sign up at skyscrape.com and wait for a "deal" (they seem to have about 2 a week) for a reduction in the price. Steadmans is great, probably the most useful think on my PDA (and I use it for a lot of non-medical reasons).

sz said:
hello all

I've been offered an older (28th) edition of washington manual ... any thought on if that's going to be ok or do I really need the newest edition. How about a 12th edition Harrisons? (current is 15th).

thanks for all input.

The 15th ed of Harrisons is probably fine, but the 16th is coming out soon - so, the 12th wouldn't be that great a deal.

BTW, I found my Harrison's 15th (brand new in the box) on ebay last fall for like $45.

Thanks monika and flighterdoc for your advise ... I'll stick to the newer editions.