Washington Manual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD4Life03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me more about the Washington Manual. Would I need this book for all of my rotations or just for my medicine rotation? Thanks so much.
-MD4life :)

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't buy it until I started the Medicine Rotation, which was the 5th rotation of the year for me. I was able to use this book throughout both my Medicine and Primary Care rotations and I loved it. I was frequently complimented on my knowledge base by attendings during those months. It's concise and gives a really good explanation of the management of some of the more common medical conditions that you will come across during your third year.

MD4Life03 said:
I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me more about the Washington Manual. Would I need this book for all of my rotations or just for my medicine rotation? Thanks so much.
-MD4life :)

I found TWM helpful for several rotations...medicine, ICU, peds, etc.

Perhaps a bit big to carry in your white coat, but certainly a nice book to have around if you have down time or need to get some information and dont have immediate access to Up To Date or another online resource.

It is available for your Palm I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
And its a fine group of authors indeed

JPHazelton said:
I found TWM helpful for several rotations...medicine, ICU, peds, etc.

Perhaps a bit big to carry in your white coat, but certainly a nice book to have around if you have down time or need to get some information and dont have immediate access to Up To Date or another online resource.

It is available for your Palm I believe.

http://skyscape.com/estore/productdetail.aspx?productid=1080

Thanks everyone for responding