Washington Post article about front line anesthesiologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okayplayer

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 users

Enjoyed this. I don’t have this guy’s job exactly at the moment, but I can relate to a lot of these sentiments shared.

Stay safe out there my friends.
Good article. When I got to the part about his bad asthma though I was done. He volunteered for this and has bad asthma? More power to him. These are the young patients who do poorly. Good luck to him and my Jesus keep him safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck to him. I hope he is getting compensated well. For those that have this airway team system, are they cycling off the team for an adequate amount of time? My concern would be the sheer amount of viral load that someone could potentially he be exposed to. It seems like it is the healthcare workers that are getting prolonged exposure with the sickest patients that are the ones falling ill and dying. If you were to be off for two weeks, however, I would think it would either give you time to determine if you develop any symptoms or time to possibly develop immunity without overwhelming your body. Not sure if other places or doing anything like this.

If I weren’t primary provider with 2 young kids I would probably work more.

it’s dangerous. The 33 year old doc attitude is he’s young and doesn’t have a family to support.

I think the thinking changes if you have mouths to feed.

Reactions: 7 users
This is nice to see. There’s been a lot of media around my hospital in NYC with zero mention of anesthesiologists, even though we are securing every COVID airway (I’ve seen as many as 4 simultaneous emergent airways so far).

Reactions: 1 user
This is nice to see. There’s been a lot of media around my hospital in NYC with zero mention of anesthesiologists, even though we are securing every COVID airway (I’ve seen as many as 4 simultaneous emergent airways so far).
Nobody who matters gives a heck. You're still just a body and "anesthesia". Protect yourselves! Remember all who died at Chernobyl, got sick after 9/11 etc.

I have a feeling that next year we'll have much fewer residency applicants for anesthesiology.

Nobody who matters gives a heck. You're still just a body and "anesthesia". Protect yourselves! Remember all who died at Chernobyl, got sick after 9/11 etc.

I have a feeling that next year we'll have much fewer residency applicants for anesthesiology.
Your consistent negativity is appalling.

Reactions: 1 user