Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wsupharmacy

WSU P1
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for WSU applicants. Good luck on your application :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there really no interest in these forums for WSU? I was hoping to help out a few candidates this incoming year!

I sent out my supplemental last month. I'm just waiting for them to tell me if I get an interview or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, and thank you for setting up a forum for prospective pharmacy students applying this year! I also sent my supplemental application in about a month ago and am just waiting to hear about an interview!

It was awesome how the supplemental application was all online! Super convenient and easy to use and manage!

Any UW students apply to WSU? What classes did you take for the anatomy and physiology requirements? I took BIOL118/119 and planning on taking BSTR301 but not sure what if that fulfills the requirements. I'm waiting to hear back from their pre-pharm advisor but I am just curious to see what other students took.

Biol 118 & 119 are so basic, which do not count toward anatomy and physiology requirements. You have to take BSTR301 for anatomy, biol 350 & 460 for physiology. If not, you can take A&P 241 & 242 at community college, which fulfill the anatomy & physiology prerequisites. Good luck :)

By the way, I have a transfer guide for UW. If you want I can send it to you so you can see what courses are accepted for the completion of the WSU pre-reqs.

I applied about a month ago and I'm waiting to hear back also. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but my friends who applied last year and got in said that WSU took a lot longer to tell them about their interviews and about the outcome of their interviews than other schools did. It could be different this year, but we'll just have to see!

Has anyone received an email for an interview? My girlfriend is applying to their biochem grad school and she just got a phone interview request this week. Im getting anxious about the pharmacy interviews.

They just emailed me today. They gave me the dates January 28th or February 4th.

received an interview offer from wsu today. I confirmed my date on feb 28th. There was also another option on feb 4, but I made sure not to book that one because i have another interview on the 5th of feb in cali.

ahh good luck everyone!

received an interview offer from wsu today. I confirmed my date on feb 28th. There was also another option on feb 4, but I made sure not to book that one because i have another interview on the 5th of feb in cali.

ahh good luck everyone!

Feb 28...that late? Good luck everyone :)

I don't think they're doing any interviews on Mondays. Are you sure it was Feb 28th? I'm thinking you might have misread Jan 28th.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when the first interview date was? or is jan 28th the first one?

I am just finishing my pre-p classes. Doing last Ochem this spring. I currently have a 3.6 GPA and am hoping to bring that up more this spring. I'm an Idaho resident and work in a hospital pharmacy. Now I'm waiting to see if I get an interview. I'm a mother of three who returned to school 18 years after my last son started grade school, pretty scared and excited of the future, cant be any harder than the last two years of classes I've taken to fulfill WSU requirements. I will be taking my pcat exam this Saturday!
I see some have already got an email, congrats, and hope your interview goes well. I will continue to pray I get one soon:)

Last year there was a posting by Lissbliss? something like that, any one know if she got in or is re-applying this year? Hope things are going well for her.

I am going to decline my interview, so one more spot open for those who interested...Good Luck!!

Hey, did you decide which date you're going to be attending the interview?

I probably won't be attending the interview. I already have an acceptance and the dates they gave me really don't fit well with my school schedule.

I turned in my application to WSU with only two days to spare! does anyone know if interviews are done on a first come first serve bases? Or is it based on merit?
Thanks

I summited mine 2 weeks before the deadline and haven't heard from them yet

I probably won't be attending the interview. I already have an acceptance and the dates they gave me really don't fit well with my school schedule.

Oh if you dont mind me asking, where did you get accepted? and congrats on your acceptance!

I got an email invite for the interview with the option of either 1/28 or 2/4. I'm not sure if 1/28 is the first interview date, but I'm planning on going on that day.

For those that are also interviewing, have you been told which campus you're being interviewed at? And where are you staying?

I got an email invite for the interview with the option of either 1/28 or 2/4. I'm not sure if 1/28 is the first interview date, but I'm planning on going on that day.

For those that are also interviewing, have you been told which campus you're being interviewed at? And where are you staying?

I'm interviewing at the pullman campus for the same date.. I'm staying at the Manor lodge? I called and said that I'm interviewing at WSU and the guy took off the tax for my room... See you there!

I just got my interview invite today for one of five different dates. I'm choosing February 4th at the Spokane campus, hopefully it goes well =) good luck to everyone!

On the off chance that someone here has an interview in the pullman campus on 2/4, I'll be your student ambassador. I remember being disappointed last year that there was no formal "tour" so I'll be happy to show anyone interested the main rooms and section of campus you will likely be in for most of your first year.

PM me if you're interested.

Hey guys,

Need info on WSU interview. Please tell me what I should expect, any sample interview questions, how long is it... etc.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks guys!

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

dont think they're getting back to people until they finish interviewing everyone in mid march.

Anyone got AC letter from WSU? I had interview on Feb4. I think it's the second interview session. The first one was on Jan 28th I believe.

Anyone got AC letter from WSU? I had interview on Feb4. I think it's the second interview session. The first one was on Jan 28th I believe.

if AC means acceptance, then yes =D i interviewed 1/28 and just got my letter by email yesterday morning. it got me by surprise since they had said letters come out mid march.

Just wondering. Oh the ACPP website, it says that washington state doesn't need PCAT, but i've heard that it does. So just wanna confirm that it does indeed require PCAT? thanks

Wow! Congratulations!
Yah, the website says the letters will come out in mid March, but at the interview they said they'd reply in about 2-3 weeks. I'm crossing my fingers (and my toes) now!
I had the interview at Spokane campus and really liked it.

if AC means acceptance, then yes =D i interviewed 1/28 and just got my letter by email yesterday morning. it got me by surprise since they had said letters come out mid march.

Wow! Congratulation!
Yah, the website says the letters will be sent out sometimes in mid march but at the interview, they said they'll reply withing 2-3 weeks. so i'm crossing my fingers (and my toes :oops:)

Congrats froggyketal!!! I also interviewed in Pullman on 1/28... Still waiting to hear from them...

Thanks guys! I am crossing my fingers for you guys =)

iltj20 and for those that also interviewed at pullman, how did you guys like it there? I was at the spokane campus and i liked the location and it's proximity to downtown, but I know Pullman is a much smaller city. How was your experience if you dont mind sharing?

Just wondering. Oh the ACPP website, it says that washington state doesn't need PCAT, but i've heard that it does. So just wanna confirm that it does indeed require PCAT? thanks

It's the first year they need the pcat. have you interviewed yet?

Thanks guys! I am crossing my fingers for you guys =)

iltj20 and for those that also interviewed at pullman, how did you guys like it there? I was at the spokane campus and i liked the location and it's proximity to downtown, but I know Pullman is a much smaller city. How was your experience if you dont mind sharing?

Pullman was great! The interview process was excellent. Many of the students made themselves available so we could ask questions, and a lot of the faculty came out to meet everybody! (excellet snacks too). I love the Spokane campus as well. Pullman is definitely smaller than Spokane as far as size goes, but Pullman has a great "small town atmosphere" (and it's not all that far away from Spokane). Both locations are great and I look forward to studying at both of them if I am accepted!

Congrats froggyketal!!! I also interviewed in Pullman on 1/28... Still waiting to hear from them...

I interviewed on that date too! Did you interview in the morning or afternoon? I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed!!

I interviewed on that date too! Did you interview in the morning or afternoon? I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed!!

I interviewed in the morning in Pullman on the 28th! Keeping my fingers crossed as well!

has anyone from the Feb 4 interview heard back from WSU yet? I'm getting really antsy

Accepted! Got an email today! Good luck to all!

I just got accepted yesterday!! I interviewed on the 19th of February in Spokane :) I am super excited to meet everyone!

I got accepted!!! Interviewed on February 4th at Pullman.

hi,
I was recently admitted to WSU and was wondering if there are any current students from California or out of state that could share their experience on filing for residency in order to obtain in state tuition after one year of living in Washington. How was the process? Thanks!

Accepted!!!! Interviewed in Spokane Feb 4th. I'm so excited.