Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdhwsu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter today that I am on the Alternate List. Has anyone else heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an acceptance letter yesterday.

I got my acceptance letter yesterday as well. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you both accepting?

Not sure yet, but quite likely. I hear a handful of people do decline though, so don't get too worried yet!

Sellindrugz-- in your letter do they give you a time limit to respond? What is it?

Got my letter Monday and sent my check Tuesday. They give you 14 days to respond. I spoke with several faculty there that said it is still possible right up until August. Don't lose hope!!

don't worry jdhwsu, I got accepted two days ago and I am about to mail out my decline.

Do you know where you are on the waitlist?

I'm not sure if I'm going to accept at WSU, I'm hoping to hear from UW soon. I gave them a call today... they said they would call me back. Its just so hard to choose. Soccergirl07, how did you make your decision to decline WSU?

All I know is that I'm in a "good" spot on the list, so that's promising. Thanks for your encouragement. Good luck with your decisions! Soccergirl07, where are you going to go?

I was very highly considering WSU, but I was accepted at UW in early March and my deadline to accept came before WSU even contacted me. I even called them and they told me I would have to wait until April when they mailed out their letters. What's done is done though and I feel I would be truly happy at either school. But at least now I don't have to move across the state, which leaves me with one less thing to stress out about. Best of luck to all of you on the alternate list and at least my decline will open up a spot for one of you.

~Soccergirl07

Thanks! Have fun at UW! (But seriously, Go Cougs)

I was put on the alternate list a few years back at WSU..and I wrote em a letter and everything to show my interest etc, etc. They could've cared less what I had to say..Also, the lady said there were like 48 ppl on the alternate list..I would ask them these questions if I was on that list again..

Also, I wasn't too enthused about moving from a Pullman to Spokane two years after...

There are much better schools out there...