Washington U.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boardchic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when/how often wash u sends out status notices? I've called schools to check on my status when I haven't heard back about an interview, but do you call to check on status after interviews too?

Members don't see this ad.

they should be sending out the next round of acceptances on thursday.

They do things by snail mail. I've never called them.

Members don't see this ad :)
futuremsfdoc said:
they should be sending out the next round of acceptances on thursday.

how do you know this?? and which interview dates will be included in this round? everything thru which date? :confused:

LRmed2003 said:
how do you know this?? and which interview dates will be included in this round? everything thru which date? :confused:

bump. anyone know the answer to this?

boardchic said:
bump. anyone know the answer to this?
It's the rumored day of their monthly adcom meeting. It's usually on a thursday this time of the month, so he's probably right. Candidates who interviewed in November are likely to be discussed.

MWillie said:
It's the rumored day of their monthly adcom meeting. It's usually on a thursday this time of the month, so he's probably right. Candidates who interviewed in November are likely to be discussed.
gee, I was interviewed in November. How sure are you about the rumor?

Supernova said:
gee, I was interviewed in November. How sure are you about the rumor?
Im pretty sure, keep your fingers crossed for an expressmail big envelope this friday.

I interviewed at Wash U this Monday (as in, 2 days ago). They told us that the next adcom meeting was in fact this Thrusday (as in, tomorrow). They said that they had only had one previous meeting - which was in November - so my guess is that if you interviewed before this week, you'll probably hear very soon. I doubt that they'll actually mail the letters tomorrow, but probably within a couple of days.

good luck everybody :)

Wow, I just interviewed yesterday... That would be freakin sweet to find out whether I got in next week or so. The guy I interviewed w/ teased me when he said "There's a very good chance I'll be seeing you again" towards the end of the interview. It didn't seem just like a stock throwaway line and the interview had gone very well in my opinion. I dunno, here's to hoping. They were my first out of state (Texas) interview.

GhungrooGuy said:
I interviewed at Wash U this Monday (as in, 2 days ago). They told us that the next adcom meeting was in fact this Thrusday (as in, tomorrow). They said that they had only had one previous meeting - which was in November - so my guess is that if you interviewed before this week, you'll probably hear very soon. I doubt that they'll actually mail the letters tomorrow, but probably within a couple of days.
Oh wash u's very good about mailing the letters, at the last meeting they Express Mail'ed the big envelopes thursday evening and the mailman delivered them on friday. Quite a few of my friends got in, no place like home for them. :thumbup:

i better be receiving an envelope!!!!! :p :p :p :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
MWillie said:
Oh wash u's very good about mailing the letters, at the last meeting they Express Mail'ed the big envelopes thursday evening and the mailman delivered them on friday. Quite a few of my friends got in, no place like home for them. :thumbup:

Oh man, this stuff makes me nervous... Is it true that schools send stuff like that to your permanent address instead of your temporary address (I don't know if I want my parents to get to it first...)? And does express mail mean someone has to sign for it or do they just put it in your mailbox? Sorry to be so crazy... the mail makes me insane... I live in a five-apartment house with one box and when Wash U sent my interview invite it was returned to sender...

huh. i actually didn't even receive an interview invite from them by snail mail. i just got an email asking me to list three days i could come.

the interview invites are sent out by snail mail though right? And if the ADCOM is meeting this thursday, does that mean interview invites will also be sent out????

boardchic said:
Oh man, this stuff makes me nervous... Is it true that schools send stuff like that to your permanent address instead of your temporary address (I don't know if I want my parents to get to it first...)? And does express mail mean someone has to sign for it or do they just put it in your mailbox? Sorry to be so crazy... the mail makes me insane... I live in a five-apartment house with one box and when Wash U sent my interview invite it was returned to sender...
I asked my friends and they did have to sign for it, otherwise they leave a note and you can pick it up at the post office. It went to the address of the interview invite too.

MWillie said:
I asked my friends and they did have to sign for it, otherwise they leave a note and you can pick it up at the post office. It went to the address of the interview invite too.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle (not to mention keeping them crossed that good news is on my way at all...)

the decisions are probably being made as I type this!

has anyone gotten a phone call or email from their interviewer tonight??

futuremsfdoc said:
has anyone gotten a phone call or email from their interviewer tonight??

Did you, or are you just trying to cause a stir?

Slightly off topic:

After you send in the interview date request form (i emailed), how long does it take them to respond?

I requested dates in mid Jan, dunno if I am going to get it.

premedgeek said:
Slightly off topic:

After you send in the interview date request form (i emailed), how long does it take them to respond?

I requested dates in mid Jan, dunno if I am going to get it.

I would give them a week, then call. :luck:

boardchic said:
Did you, or are you just trying to cause a stir?

no, i was just curious because last committee meeting, some interviewers supposedly called the people they interviewed and accepted to let them know.

anyone hear any good news yet? i'm here on the west coast so the mail hasn't come yet and i don't know if i should expect to here anything today or should i be a little more patient?

clockworktangel said:
anyone hear any good news yet? i'm here on the west coast so the mail hasn't come yet and i don't know if i should expect to here anything today or should i be a little more patient?

I'm on the east coast, but I work all day. If anyone hears anything, let us know, so I can rush home anxiously........

You guys are too funny :laugh:

Neuroticism is only funny in stand up comics. This is downright sad. I also went home during lunch to check the mail, btw.

Childe said:
You guys are too funny :laugh:

Just so you guys know:
Just because the committee meets does not mean they will make a decision regarding your application. In fact, they may not even discuss your file even if you were interviewed just a few days before. They have sub committees divided by region. Those subcommittees review the files and decide which students and in what order they will present them to the adcom. Even after they have discussed your file, they may just kind of keep it on the desk top and put off making a decision for a while.

Example: I interviewed last year in December and didn't hear a thing until April.

On the bright side: I just finished my first semester at Wash U. So, even if you don't hear for quite a while, I wouldn't give up hope. Wash U is worth waiting for.

so does the lack of posts mean that no one got the highly anticipated mail today? I know I didn't.

nothing out here in LA. here's hoping the postman brings better news tomorrow. good luck to all!

My letter just came via FedEx!!!!! I can't stop smiling! :D

Congrats EpointH!!!!!

EpointH said:
My letter just came via FedEx!!!!! I can't stop smiling! :D

Mine too!!!! So exciting!!!!
Maybe I'll see you there in the Fall!

Out of question... what part of the US are you guys from? (ie: what region?)

Thanks, and congrats again.

ellia08 said:
Out of question... what part of the US are you guys from? (ie: what region?)

Thanks, and congrats again.

If I remember correctly, they do the regions by undergrad school... I went to Brown, so I guess I would be northeast. (I'm from West Virginia, but I don't think they take that into consideration, and I'm not sure what region they would put it in anyway... mid-atlantic?)

Yep, my undergrad school is in the northeast as well. Thanks for your posts, Ellia - good luck!

wait, what does region have to do with getting your letter in the mail? congrats to those who got in, i just woke up over here and I think I'll go read a book in my apartment's mail room :D

clockworktangel said:
wait, what does region have to do with getting your letter in the mail? congrats to those who got in, i just woke up over here and I think I'll go read a book in my apartment's mail room :D

I'm not sure about this either. They do their decision-making by region though, but I thought they did it all at the same time.

Anybody who goes/went to a midwestern school get notification yet?

I guess that means I got waitlisted (or rejected).

:confused:

maygirl said:
I'm not sure about this either. They do their decision-making by region though, but I thought they did it all at the same time.

Anybody who goes/went to a midwestern school get notification yet?

I guess that means I got waitlisted (or rejected).

:confused:

Please see what Ridirculous said above. My interviewer told me the same thing: decisions are not necessarily made in the order of interviews at Wash U! Good luck. :luck:

Congratz, EpointH & boardchic!!! :)

Has anyone from a midwest school heard anything. Maybe that committee hasn't met yet. Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic.

Just from what they've sent out so far, it seems like the first time, they sent out acceptances to people from the Southwest or West and this time the Northeast. Let's hope midwest hasn't met yet! :)

Hey everyone, I have a WashU question and thought this might be the right place to voice it. Does anyone know how late in the season WAshU interviews? I'm trying to decide whether or not to schedule an interview (I received an invite) and trying to assess how much time I have to make this decision. Thanks and good luck to those awaiting news.

my friend got the news in the mail yesterday too! midwest region, for anyone wondering

:D congrats to everyone!!!

...with respect to the interviews, don't you have to schedule a date within 5 wks of the invite?

Does your friend goto a midwest school or live in the midwest, I feel like there could be a discrepency.

havent heard a thing from washu............ :( :( :oops:

i dont know if they'll send it to my school address, which is the northeast, or my home, which is west coast.........there will be a lot of praying right now! and finger crossing! :scared:

leiface said:
Does your friend goto a midwest school or live in the midwest, I feel like there could be a discrepency.

Just to clarify on my situation -- my home is in the midwest and my undergrad is in the northeast. So it looks like they might have just been doing the people who go/went to school in the northeast.

I think they go by undergrad school....

Also, has anyone from the south heard lately? There were a bunch of Texans at the interview day last Tuesday (50% of 10-12 or so). We decided they needed to fill some slots from that area.

leiface said:

both

Bump. I have heard that the next adcom meeting is in 'early' January. That's soon. I'm anxious/excited.