Washington University in St.Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nanaschool2000

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone in this program or has finished the program already? I want to know your thoughts about the post bacc program @ Wash U. Please reply to this post or send me a message.
 
i'm an undergrad at Wash U now. i can answer questions about the school in general if needed. but CSade469 is at Wash U for post bacc, might want to send her your questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are in this program (I hope CSade469 see this message), how do you afford your tuition and living expenses? It seems that federal aid would not be enough
 
hey, nanaschool2000, I wrote you a more detail message about the program. I recieved a scholorship to pay for the remaining cost of the program, but I is very expensive to attend. For the cost of living i took out a private loan. They don't give alot of finanical aid money b/c the program is recognized or is classified as an undergrad. level program. I am thinking about switching to the masters program, b/c I have taken all the pre-reqs when i had gotten my undergrad. degree, so right now i'm taking 400 level courses. The school is worth the cost, it has an excellent rep., and alot of opportunities when it comes to research. The staff is extremely nice and i haven't ran across any professors who didn't extend a helping hand. That is what i love most about this school, their are sooo many people willing to help you reach your goal. The only bad thing I can say about the school is, it is not diversed at all. Pretty much the ratio is majority whites and Asians, i really don't see any other race here, but whatever. I don't think the courses are difficult, pretty much if you study you should do fine.. but I'm just speaking for the courses i've been in which are 400 and up courses, so i'm not sure about the pre req courses and how they are ran. I see a difficult class as if you are looking for help and can't get it, but that isn't the case here.. someone is always here to help, as long as you put the effort into learning the material you should be fine.

Caroline
 
I forgot to say, the school (undergrad) is ranked #12 in the world or U.S. .. and the med. school is ranked #2, so yes.. their are some very very smart people that attend. Even in my program their are people my age 23.. that when they speak.. its sounds like Ph.D. lingo... i'm sometimes blown away at the conversation that occurs in class. :laugh:
 
Got a few questions, CSade469:

How large are the 400-level classes?

Have you heard how large the evening prereq classes are?

How are research opportunities promoted? Is there a formal mailing list or some other sort of list, or are there simply many opportunities that students must seek out themselves?