SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

WashU waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hednej, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Hednej

Hednej ***** Level 60 2+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2006
    has anyone been already accepted off of the waitlist?
    If not, does anyone know when the movement starts?
    Has anyone been accepted before May 15th in the previous years?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Darkshooter326

Darkshooter326 Senior Member 5+ Year Member

May 30, 2006
    I doubt they've had any waitist movement yet, since they can't accurately guage their matriculants until after May 15th. I would expect them to start moving a few days after the 15th.

4. KardiacKiehl

KardiacKiehl 5+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2005
    In years past, I haven't heard much about the waitlist moving prior to May 15. My advisor actually used to have Dr. Dodson's position on the committee way back when (he's kind of old), and he said that movement generally peaks May 15 - June 1 and then becomes more sporadic as you go through the summer. He said people have gotten accepted up until the day before school, but past July 1, you really should be focused on elsewhere.

5. khadija

khadija Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2006
    does he know about how many ppl get off the waitlist each year?

6. Hednej

Jun 25, 2006
    Didn't you read the letter? It said he expects to get 50 this year, prolly the same every year.

7. xylem29

xylem29 7+ Year Member

Nov 10, 2005
    I'm assuming for intls like me will have to hear by late May or it's forgeta bout it! since i need time to get my escrow prepared and they need time to get the visa for me???

8. xylem29

xylem29 7+ Year Member

Nov 10, 2005
    anyway, i hope you all get in...i don't think it's going to happen for me, but that's okay. but for kardiackiel, do you want to be in st.louis for another 4 years? i'm assuming you are from st.louis, just wondering, b/c i'd like to move somewhere new for med school

9. Hednej

Jun 25, 2006
    The WashU thread's slowly picking up speed :rolleyes:

10. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2006
    All right guys, I withdrew, so good luck!
    Hednej, are you considering WashU even though you received a merit scholarship from UMich?

11. Hednej

Jun 25, 2006
    Yeah definitely. It won't be a "no-brainer" and definitely a tough choice if I get in. Finances aren't my top priority because I got other sources of funding.

12. soco

soco 5+ Year Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Sounds like the beginning of an episode of "The Sopranos."

13. Hednej

Jun 25, 2006
    lol, yeah "Tony, did you go to that guy Dodson's house last night? You made sure the LoI didn't get all bloody from the horse's head, right? And put a couple of Gs in Hedneh's pocket to take home, the smart kid's gonna go to a good med school."

14. mippetace

mippetace 7+ Year Member

Jan 30, 2007
    So do they send that letter to everyone on the waitlist about the 50 spots? I couldn't tell if they were just being nice or they were telling me I have a good shot. Do they give out waitlist positions over the phone (i.e. "You're in the top third" etc.)?

15. Hednej

Jun 25, 2006
    yes. nope.

16. Iniqitous

Iniqitous 2+ Year Member

Dec 6, 2006
    Expect there to be lots of movement off wait list at WUSTl, but not really before May 15 - as for the waiting, the hard part will be between June 1 and July 1 when one wants to move on and settle at another school but still keep hopes alive - and getting housing, roommates becomes a compressed unpleasant experience - that said, few students are settled unless they dont need financial aid and are into the school of choice (this has to be a very small percentage even of SDNers...! the most successful students have more choices of course, but they still aren't settled either

17. khadija

khadija Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2006
    i wish they would rank us. no point in keeping false hope alive.

18. puddinheadPSU

puddinheadPSU

Feb 15, 2008
    Hey guys! Congrats to everyone on the wait list and everyone who got in. I'm on the wait list and I'm wondering if anyone knows specific stats? About how many people are put on the wait list and what % of those people get in? I know the letter said ~50 spots, but I wasn't sure how many people were on it to begin with. I would love to go to Wash U my family is from St. Louis and I really miss that city!

Alright well if anyone could fill me in that would be great!

19. Rotinaj1985

Rotinaj1985 2+ Year Member

Oct 26, 2007
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=496234

end of that thread pages 8 and 9 talk about this...but I believe its all speculation.

20. eicos

eicos

Jan 25, 2011
    Wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited: May 5, 2011