Wasted MCAT route?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeowMeowCAT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
King of a meh question. Is there any "back up" plan if getting into a medical school does not work out for someone? As in, do the mcat/pcat scores mean anything outside of the medical school, what about the extracurriculars?

I am just worried since it seems a lot has to be done before even sending out the applications, stuff outside of GPA, that I am slightly worried I will find myself in a situation where I have all these "field experiences" and then end up not getting to utilize them because I don't make that cut for medical school or something.

Members don't see this ad.

some graduate schools will accpt your mcat/pcat scores in place of the gre. however i don't know the specifics.

I have all these "field experiences" and then end up not getting to utilize them because I don't make that cut for medical school or something.

Shouldn't you have picked as your ECs activities that you can/will do and enjoy and not regret regardless of whether you get in?

I mean if it is all a drag and bore, maybe you should reflect onto your motivation for going to medical school or maybe you should change your ECs.

Last edited: