Watched by "THE MAN"

Started by jaypea65
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jaypea65

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering how every one feels about constantly being watched at your job by video cameras in the pharmacy. Is this an issue for anyone?
 
I really didn't think much of the cameras until recently, when counting a script for Concerta, I flung one off the tray and directly into my lab coat pocket. The pharmacist thought it was hilarious and still talks about it. From the cameras angle, me pulling a narc out of my pocket probably looked a little sketchy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hilarious...

I personally don't mind the cameras at my job, although we do exaggerate certain actions so they know for sure what we're putting in our pockets 🙂
 
I don't worry about those cameras - nobody probably even looks at the footage. Unless there is a concerta missing, of course. 😀
 
I don't mind the cameras either. I used to work at the game tables of a casino handling up to 10k in chips and was required to always show my palms/hands face up and down for the cameras to show that I'm not stealing. I got so used to it, I do the same thing at the pharmacy. lol
 
I started a rotation at Mylan pharmaceuticals yesterday. Security is so nutso that I think they may have installed cameras in my house. They did a criminal and credit background check on me, gave me a drug test, and made me sign more papers than I would if I was buying a house. IT'S A ROTATION. Though I suppose they can't be too careful being that they are cooking up fentanyl patches and clonazepam tabs inside.