-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waterloo 2016
Started by eyeseaeyesee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just logged onto Quest...still nothing.
My heart is racing for all of you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Didn't they say at the interview that CLV won't be open to Optometry students? It's technically an undergraduate program. Might want to look into that, thought I'd give a heads upWell, at least they posted when applications are open for Columbia Lake village north for graduate students. It's May 10th at 9:00 am.
It's 1pm already, I don't think it's going to be today
Maybe it's temporarily down because everyone keeps checking every 30 seconds...
SameMy quest is working but still nothing 🙁
Looks like it's going to be Monday then - heavy sigh!
BTW, (first year optom here), the CLV North thing was resolved. Although they were going to put Optometry Students in the lesser desired CLV South, they fought Housing about it and are allowed to go back. So you guys will still be able to live there now.
Thanks for confirming this! This is what I had heard.
8:02 AM and still nothing.... This is literally killing me.
What is going on?!? This is actually such a ridiculously painful wait8:02 AM and still nothing.... This is literally killing me.
Last edited:
Have they released it at 8 am in previous years? The office doesn't open till 8:30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have they released it at 8 am in previous years? The office doesn't open till 8:30
Yeah previous forums have said that quest updated at 8am... Here's hoping they were wrong!
Have they released it at 8 am in previous years? The office doesn't open till 8:30
I guess not.. 9am still nothing
Well... When considering the past I guess the next plausible day would be Thursday. Hopefully we'll hear something before then because I'm at the point of being more annoyed than excited and anxious
Is this a joke? How much longer are we expected to wait? I'm going to contact the office!
Let us all know what they say.Is this a joke? How much longer are we expected to wait? I'm going to contact the office!
I called, and they said that they'll be out at the end of March. I asked if they had a clearer idea and they said "end of March." Don't bother calling, they'll say the same thing and she sounded a bit annoyed =P
Thanks for letting us know! For now I guess we just wait in agony...
Lol wow, maybe they're planning to release it on March 31, it is a Thursday...I called, and they said that they'll be out at the end of March. I asked if they had a clearer idea and they said "end of March." Don't bother calling, they'll say the same thing and she sounded a bit annoyed =P
I would be so mad if they did that. They've already made us wait long enough. Personally, I don't really understand why it takes them this long to even make a decision. It's not like they're picking from that many applicants.Lol wow, maybe they're planning to release it on March 31, it is a Thursday...
I called and they said the same thing! A bit cranky with their response. Some of us need to let their university know soon if we are planning to graduate with a 3 year degree! Please let us know today!
GUYS! Anybody else checked quest this morning?? Got some good news!!!
GUYS! Anybody else checked quest this morning?? Got some good news!!!
I did. It still says "no decision has been made yet". Are the results out?!?!?!
GUYS! Anybody else checked quest this morning?? Got some good news!!!
Whatttt?? Mine still says no decision made...
I did. It still says "no decision has been made yet". Are the results out?!?!?!
Glad I'm not alone... Secretly hoping that was a troll post...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
False Alarm! That was my Laurier Optom application, Sorry guys...
.
Last edited:
I forgot to post my stats. Here they are for future optom applicants:
Current Education level: 3rd Year Biomed
OAT score: 400 TS/400 AA
GPA: 4.0 (92%)
Optometry Experience: Shadowed two optometrists.
EC: Intramural sports - basketball, volleyball, water polo; University volunteer - 1st year mentor, student union executive, high school tutor, disabled students volunteer, orientation volunteer, music student
Awards: Corporate and university scholarship recipient
what school do you go to?
This bitch...False Alarm! That was my Laurier Optom application, Sorry guys...
what is laurier optom...False Alarm! That was my Laurier Optom application, Sorry guys...
I will literally say a prayer tonight asking that we find out tomorrow morning. This wait is excruciating
Best of luck to all applicants! The fact that you made it to the interview stage is very impressive, so regardless of the result, you should all be very proud of yourselves. In the meantime, to ease the stress, the class of 2019 produced this video this year: . Sending good vibes and hoping for good news all around! 🙂
I don't get it. Why our year? .... Previous years have heard by St Patrick's day..Starting to look like we might have to spend all of Easter explaining to family that we still haven't heard...
I don't get it. Why our year? .... Previous years have heard by St Patrick's day..
Let's just pretend that we're all so great that they couldn't decide........ This wait is pure AGONY.
Admissions, you are so cruel to make us wait so long! What is so different this year? Are you admitting 100 students this year?
Definitely won't be tomorrow. Good Friday is a statutory holiday. Their office will be closed.Is tomorrow a holiday in Ontario? Maybe it will be tomorrow...
Ouch. Looks like it really will be March 31Definitely won't be tomorrow. Good Friday is a statutory holiday. Their office will be closed.
Does anyone know if their admissions office would be open on Monday? I know it's Easter Monday, but there's school that day...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well... here's to hoping that with luck it'll be Monday.....
Just called the office and they said around 1PM today might not be a bad time to check! Fingers crossed!
Yaaaaassssssss!!! That sounds like a really good sign! Fingers crossed!!
Last edited: