Waterloo Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lila V

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all my fellow Canucks! Anyone else interviewing on January 18th in Waterloo?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all my fellow Canucks! Anyone else interviewing on January 18th in Waterloo?

If you're there in the afternoon, I'll be helping out with the tours. See you then!

I'm interviewing then too..wat time's ur interview?? I'm SOOOO nervous though..how r u preparing for it? I'm hoping it's not too hard..i get really really nervous before interviews so i was wondering if anyone else had any input on the interviews at waterloo..thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if everybody who Waterloo plans to interview has been sent their invitation already?

i dont think all invites have been sent out yet..but im not too sure...are u waiting for one??

I'm interviewing then too..wat time's ur interview?? I'm SOOOO nervous though..how r u preparing for it? I'm hoping it's not too hard..i get really really nervous before interviews so i was wondering if anyone else had any input on the interviews at waterloo..thanks

Hey! My interview is at 9:00 on the 18th, what about you? I am excited for the round table disscussion though, because I am really excited to hear about the changest that the new Dean has for the new class. I guess I am not really "preparing" for the interview, I already interviewed at Pacific earlier this year so I kind of have a feel for the types of questions they ask you. Don't be nervous, just be open and honest. They are going to ask things like, "why optometry?", "why waterloo?", "what is your greatest strength/weakness?" I had a friend that got in last year and she said it was pretty standard.

Your lucky...mines this week...I'm so nervous!

I was also wondering if people are still waiting for interview invitations...

Your lucky...mines this week...I'm so nervous!

I was also wondering if people are still waiting for interview invitations...

Yes I am waiting for an interview invitation, or I am waiting for a rejection.

Hey! My interview is at 9:00 on the 18th, what about you? I am excited for the round table disscussion though, because I am really excited to hear about the changest that the new Dean has for the new class. I guess I am not really "preparing" for the interview, I already interviewed at Pacific earlier this year so I kind of have a feel for the types of questions they ask you. Don't be nervous, just be open and honest. They are going to ask things like, "why optometry?", "why waterloo?", "what is your greatest strength/weakness?" I had a friend that got in last year and she said it was pretty standard.
HEy..My interview is at 1 I think..I'm not too sure.I've gotta double check that.I don't like interviews in general but I'm trying to not freak out for now :)..where are you from? I'm sure we'll meet up during the interview(and hopefully later when school starts :). Why would you tell them you picked Waterloo besides the fact that its the only school in Canada and the tuition is cheap..lol..is there anything spectacular about the school(that's not in others) that I should maybe mention?/ waterloo is the only school I'm applying to..what about u?
Thanks..

HEy..My interview is at 1 I think..I'm not too sure.I've gotta double check that.I don't like interviews in general but I'm trying to not freak out for now :)..where are you from? I'm sure we'll meet up during the interview(and hopefully later when school starts :). Why would you tell them you picked Waterloo besides the fact that its the only school in Canada and the tuition is cheap..lol..is there anything spectacular about the school(that's not in others) that I should maybe mention?/ waterloo is the only school I'm applying to..what about u?
Thanks..

Hey, I am from Manitoba, what about you? I was accepted at Pacific University in November, and I really loved the school. The prospect that Waterloo might be getting in more clinical experience in earlier years is definitely a selling point for Waterloo:thumbup:. I think a main reason to go there is definitely because it's in Canada, and I think it's important to support the Canadian education system. Also, I know quite a few optometrists that love the school. I still plan to do a little bit of research on what the school offers in case that comes up. I would suggest reading the brochure for the school! I probably won't see you on interview day though if your interview is at 1, but hopefully when school starts up!:)

does anyone know when they decide who gets in? Do they wait for everyone to get interviewed or do they accept you right away if they like you?

how was your interview guys?
I have started to get nervous...:(

Did they tell anyone when they would be making decisions?