Waterloo Optometry-accepted/interviewed ratio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sabrina Ahmed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know what percentage of the students who get interviewed at the University of Waterloo School of Optometry actually get into the program? Is getting an interview a pretty good indicator of acceptance? Thanks in advance for your response :)

Members don't see this ad.

They said that 46% of those that apply get spots on their website... I'm not sure about your questions specifically, but if you wanna ask them I'd love to hear the response!

Have you received an interview offer yet? I received an invite about 10 days ago but some other people I know have yet to hear from them yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I heard, if your application is adequate and you have the prereqs + marks, you'll get an interview. I know some people who got interviews already. I might be wrong so don't quote me on it..

I did receive an invite already... it came a couple of days after handing in the application.

I received an interview invitation back in Oct 1. My interview is on the 28th of nov., which is strangely a staurday! When are your interviews?

Does anyone know if those that applied to Waterloo get a notification regardless of if they are invited for an interview or not? I called earlier this week and was told that all interview invites should be recieved by the end of this week. Well its Friday night and no email.... and interviews are planned for the end of November? Are my chances done?