1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Waterloo optometry application

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by nrr778, Sep 7, 2014.

1. nrr778

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    I'm in the process of applying to the waterloo optometry program! I have quite a few academic awards however they also ask for non academic awards and special skills. I have no idea what to put for this stuff, wondering if anyone can give me some examples!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sb1993

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental, Pre-Optometry
    non academic awards would be maybe an award you recieved for community involvement.... or something from a job experience... for example i received a couple of awards from highschool graduation for my community involvement that i am adding

4. quackquack

quackquack Waterloo Optometry 2015
    7+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    Don't know how much the interview and app process changed since I applied but my non-academic stuff was musical awards even though some were totally not recent (i was in grade 4 lol) but it went up to highschool so IDK i thought maybe it would showed that I continued on with it and not just some random thing that came out of nowhere. And for highschool I got some random award just by being in clubs so yeah I added that stuff. Community awards would look good.