Waterloo Optometry Interview HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyedoc2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
Have an interview next weekend for Waterloo optometry and was wondering if anyone knows of specific questions they ask
Ive heard they ask about the difference between an optometrist, optician and opthamologist.
Anyone else have any info? THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Eyedoc2009! I also have an interview at Waterloo this coming Saturday and was just visiting the forums to see if I could find out some information as well. I had hoped to find some information in the Interview Feedback section of this site but Waterloo isn't even listed.

I found a couple of questions in this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=581399

If anyone else has any examples of the types of questions they were asked at Waterloo please share :)

Eyedoc, I guess I'll see you this Saturday! Where are you from, by the way?

Last edited:
Also, does anyone know if they are open or closed file?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, ive heard closed file..
im from toronto but attended UW for undergrad. the interview next saturday seems pretty long (1-430ish).
i cant seem to find any other sample questions regarding UW's interviews

Ah, mine is at 8:30 so I guess I probably won't see you. I think the best thing to do to prepare is just look at the interview section on the home page of this site and see what kinds of questions people are getting asked at other schools, and prepare for anything. You never know what they are going to ask.

Hi guys, I have an interview as well on Saturday at 830! I'm really excited :) Ive been searching for questions and information about the interview, but I found that information is very limited!
I also heard that they ask you the difference between the 3 Os.

Hi Kg, congrats on the interview. I am excited as well (although a bit nervous too). Where are you from?

HI Dave,
Thanks! congrats to you as well! I'm from PEI! Where are you from? I must admit that I am nervous as well! :S

Congrats to all of you who got an interview with UW. I'm also one of many whom got an email for an interview. Nov 29 at 10am. Good luck guys, I hope to see us all in Fall 2010.:thumbup:

I'm interviewing on the 28th. Have any of you applied to schools in the States?

Kg, I am from Edmonton. Where is everyone else from?

Ryan, I haven't applied anywhere else as of yet. I have a wife and 2 kids, and getting financing to move the whole family to the states is tough!