Waterloo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

catsomgcats

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to apply to Waterloo next year and currently I'm taking a course that I'm clearly not going to do amazing in lol. I just took my first midterm and got 53%....

My GPA right now is 3.7 and I only have A's & B's on my transcript. I took the OAT last year and got 350 TS/AA. I will be retaking it this summer to try to get a higher score.

Okay, let's assume I get at least a 370 on my OAT this time but I get like a C- in that course. Is Waterloo going to care about the C- as long as my GPA stays up? (please someone put me at ease)
 
I think that a C- will absolutely effect decision making for the Prestigiosity of the Waterloo Optometry Program. I happen to know because one my friends didn't get in with a 3.8 with a 365 b/c she had C- she couldn't explain.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, don't worry about it if the course you are taking is not a pre-requisite for optometry school of waterloo. But it is (for example orgo, biochem, or maths) then you should try to get at least a B in the course.
 
I want to apply to Waterloo next year and currently I'm taking a course that I'm clearly not going to do amazing in lol. I just took my first midterm and got 53%....

My GPA right now is 3.7 and I only have A's & B's on my transcript. I took the OAT last year and got 350 TS/AA. I will be retaking it this summer to try to get a higher score.

Okay, let's assume I get at least a 370 on my OAT this time but I get like a C- in that course. Is Waterloo going to care about the C- as long as my GPA stays up? (please someone put me at ease)


With only A's and B's, you're GPA should be much higher? use this when calculating: http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/c_omsas_b.pdf

Since it's your first midterm, you still have time to recover.
 
To past applicants: when is usually the deadline to have everything submitted? I know the application opens in July, just wondering how much time I would have to get things together.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey i'm super late to this thread but i saw that your OAT scores were 350, i was wondering were you able to get in with those marks or did you end up retaking the test? i also got 350 in both AA/TS and i'm super worried i won't get in now