Way stressed out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had this dream a few weeks ago that I was wearing my old orthodontic retainers and they were hurting my jaw. I mentioned it to my girlfriend and she said I must be grinding at night or at least doing some serious jaw clenching. Now my jaw aches constantly and I fear it wont stop until I get an acceptance! How's that for stress!

Members don't see this ad.

Chill out G! Most MD/PhD wannabes end up somewhere, at least.

My only worry now is the MCAT. If I ace that thing I KNOW I am ending up somewhere next year. So as far your MCAts and research are good, you'll get interviews. Good interviews mean acceptances, most likely, and that I think you possess.

Good luck. Go party!

Well, partying is out of the question right now due to the fact that alcohol increases fat storage and I'm on a pretty restrictive diet...plus, alcohol withdrawal increases anxiety which is something I possess plenty of already! But I have been hitting up the gym a lot and that helps more than anything else.

While I am pretty stressed right now, I do have a decent backup plan so it's not as bad as it could be. A piece of advice if your a first time MCAT taker: concentrate on practicing your timing rather than spending too much time cramming obscure formulas into your brain. I found myself rushing way too much at the end of each section on the actual test!

Yeah, first time MCAT taker. I'm taking the beast in April. But it is all good, a straight PhD is still an option--I still end up in the lab :D.

As far as April is concerned I am looking for a miracle. My timing is ok, especially in the sciences. As for verbal, I am praying and practising as the curve is very step.