Way stressed out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So I had this dream a few weeks ago that I was wearing my old orthodontic retainers and they were hurting my jaw. I mentioned it to my girlfriend and she said I must be grinding at night or at least doing some serious jaw clenching. Now my jaw aches constantly and I fear it wont stop until I get an acceptance! How's that for stress!

researchprof

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chill out G! Most MD/PhD wannabes end up somewhere, at least.

My only worry now is the MCAT. If I ace that thing I KNOW I am ending up somewhere next year. So as far your MCAts and research are good, you'll get interviews. Good interviews mean acceptances, most likely, and that I think you possess.

Good luck. Go party!

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, partying is out of the question right now due to the fact that alcohol increases fat storage and I'm on a pretty restrictive diet...plus, alcohol withdrawal increases anxiety which is something I possess plenty of already! But I have been hitting up the gym a lot and that helps more than anything else.

While I am pretty stressed right now, I do have a decent backup plan so it's not as bad as it could be. A piece of advice if your a first time MCAT taker: concentrate on practicing your timing rather than spending too much time cramming obscure formulas into your brain. I found myself rushing way too much at the end of each section on the actual test!

researchprof

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, first time MCAT taker. I'm taking the beast in April. But it is all good, a straight PhD is still an option--I still end up in the lab :D.

As far as April is concerned I am looking for a miracle. My timing is ok, especially in the sciences. As for verbal, I am praying and practising as the curve is very step.