Wayne State alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siednarb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on the alternate list at Wayne State - and I was wondering if anyone out there either is on the alternate list as well, is in but is waiting to hear from somewhere else and might give up their spot, or is a med student at Wayne and has any advice as to how many students get in off the wait list and when I can expect to hear.

They told me that their alternate list is not ranked - but I do not believe them. If anyone has some insight, I'm all ears!

Members don't see this ad.

Painful to mention, but I was on the wait list last year at Wayne. As I am sure you've noticed, they are slower than molasses in January about doing anything there. I have heard that talking with Dr. Dogariu (Dean of Admissions) might help your chances considerably; a fellow wait-lister of mine last year felt greatly encouraged after a meeting with him--and she got admitted shortly thereafter.

As for me, I covertly discovered they do in fact rank their alternates. If you're not in the top 50, they pretty much are just stringing you along. The problem is, you won't know where you are because they won't tell you outright.

I wish you good luck. If it's not this year, keep trying! (Besides, the Cass corridor is a scary place to got to school anyway.)

------------------
Scott
MSUCOM Class of 2004