Dec 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Haven't found a thread yet for the Wayne State BMS program. If there is one, please let me know!

I submitted my app on 12/30/09 but didn't hear anything about whether my application was complete or not...

Just emailed yesterday, and Brenda said that yes, my app was complete, but since the deadline for the program is June 1, they won't be reviewing applications until then.

However, if you've been accepted to other programs, email them verification, and they will review your app before the June 1 deadline.

Is everyone else in the same place? Has anyone heard back with anything from Wayne State?

Thanks!

750hp

7+ Year Member
May 19, 2009
Status
I was actually about to post a similar thread asking about opinions of this program. Anyone on this forums take it and have success with it? It is just never talked about but is something I am considering due to location, thanks.

Dec 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I emailed Brenda and within a day, I got an acceptance email. So I guess if you let them know you've been accepted to other programs, they will look at your application before June 1st...

klmnop

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2009
I was actually about to post a similar thread asking about opinions of this program. Anyone on this forums take it and have success with it? It is just never talked about but is something I am considering due to location, thanks.
I do not know much about the program itself, besides that it is composed completely of graduate-level courses taught by mostly med profs, and that it is not specifically designed for medicine-bound students. That said, I have heard secondhand success stories about people going from schools such as UofM, MSU, Oakland, and Wayne itself, achieving like a 3.7 and being accepted the following year. One thing to note, however, is that Wayne will only reconsider your application seriously if you have completed (with final grades) 20 credits of graduate-level biomedical sciences. They do not care if they are done at Wayne or anywhere else (non-community college), as long as they are completed successfully. However, because of this stipulation, you cannot expect to apply whilst in the program, but only after your grades are tabulated and can be evaluated.

I think it is a very successful program for students looking to get into Wayne State Med School, but like I said, that is not its sole purpose.

sshehateme

5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2010
Status
has anyone heard anything new? I was told my app was complete a couple weeks ago and I'm expecting a decision soon.