Wayne State Univ PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartan512

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Decided I would start this thread for 2013-2014 applicants to Wayne State's PharmD program. My PharmCas app was officially mailed out this week & now it's the waiting game.

Who else is applying? Has WSU extended interview invites yet to anyone who may have submitted their stuff earlier? If so, how long did you receive the invite after they received your verified app? Also, if you don't mind...what stats do you have? So many questions... I am so impatient and anxious about this whole process!

Looking forward to meeting the talent, and of course wishing everyone the best of luck! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Just submitted my application earlier this week as well. It is pretty nerve wrecking though. Good luck to everyone applying this year :)

Hello, just received my interview invite earlier today!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an interview invite today for Oct 22nd!

When did you guys take the pcat? I just took it on September 17 so they won't receive my score for another 4-5 weeks :-/

I took the pcat in July and I submitted my application late August

Do you guys mind sharing your stats. I have a 3.48 GPA and 90 on the PCAT (preliminary score). I'm really worried I may not be called in for an interview considering my GPA.

Last edited:
Do you guys mind sharing your stats. I have a 3.48 GPA and 90 on the PCAT (preliminary score). I'm really worried I may not be called in for an interview considering my GPA.

I got an interview with:
cGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.09
PCAT - 74 composite
I also have hours between shadowing & volunteering; worked at a hospital for over 4 years now; co-founder & president of a club; BS degree in Bio.

Trust me, I was worried too about my GPAs because they were drastically lowered from my school transcript due to courses I had to re-take. If you feel you have any weak points in your application, that just means you have to shine elsewhere - but trust me, I wouldn't consider your stats to be sub par by any means. I am confident you will get an interview. Good luck!! :thumbup:

For those who have been offered interviews, was your application already mailed by PharmCAS? I submitted on 9/13, but am still waiting on gpa calculations.

I'm pretty sure that schools can look at the application before it is mailed.

Thanks!

October 22 interview

cGPA: 3.56 sGPA: 3.37

PCAT: 85 composite

I also go to Wayne State with a BA in Nutrition and over a year of pharmacy experience

Once Pharmcas calculated my GPA then schools started to review my application then a couple weeks later I received interview invites.

Congrats and thanks for the info. PharmCAS submitted: 9/13 GPA calculated: 9/30 Mailed: 10/07

cGPA: 3.36 sGPA: 3.42

PCAT: 91 composite B.S. Health Science GVSU and M.S. Exercise Science OU

I have healthcare & research experience, but nothing directly related to Pharmacy.

Last edited:
I have an interview on 11/11 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard from Wayne State? I know their application deadline is approaching November 1st, so I'm assuming a lot more interviews should be going out since they will have a complete applicant pool.

anyone else heard anything from wayne? one of my cousin applied and is waiting for an interview invite!

Are any of you aware if Wayne State has begun sending out acceptances? Do you know anyone who has already gotten accepted?

Are any of you aware if Wayne State has begun sending out acceptances? Do you know anyone who has already gotten accepted?

I just had an interview today and they told us ~1 week to hear back on our status. We also met with P1/P2 students and they told us 1 day to 2 weeks. I will post again when I hear back from them…hopefully it's good news:)

I just had an interview today and they told us ~1 week to hear back on our status. We also met with P1/P2 students and they told us 1 day to 2 weeks. I will post again when I hear back from them…hopefully it's good news:)
I just got an acceptance letter today, so they are pretty quick at responding (2 days).

I interviewed on Monday and I also got my acceptance letter today!!! :D

Thank you! Congrats to you as well! :)Wayne is my first choice...its the only school I applied to so really siked that I got in. How about you?

I applied to two schools & have another interview tomorrow. It's going to be a tough choice (if I have to make one) because I really liked Wayne. At least the process will be over soon:)

My stats are 85 pcat and 3.9 GPA

I applied to:

Boston - Worcester - Accepted- Denied :hungover:
Univ. Minnesota - Accepted - Denied :dead:
Ferris State Accepted- Denied :sour:
Wayne State ACCEPTED :love:
Univ. of Michigan Accepted- Denied :rofl:

Has anyone been deferred.. I heard they have been doing it a lot. If so, what were your stats? I had my interview last week.