Wayne State University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wsu pharmacy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Anyone got interviewed at WSU, any feedback on the essay part of the interview. I have an interview on the 31st:scared:.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There are a variety of questions they ask on the essay. It wasn't just one question. Mine said Q7... maybe they have up to 7 questions?

Hello everyone

Anyone got interviewed at WSU, any feedback on the essay part of the interview. I have an interview on the 31st:scared:.
thanks

When and how did they contact you for an interview? Would you please share your stats? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please Share Your Interview Questions And Essay Topics As Well.

Best Of Luck To Everyone

I had my interview on the 31st...it wasn't all that bad...two people and they made me feel really comfortable. My essay was just a scenario.
Stats: GPA 3.94
PCAT 86%
Anyone have any idea when we'll be notified?!??!?!?:confused:

when i had an interview last yr, they contacted me the day after my interview via email.

some however in my class waited a few weeks/months and were notified in mid-march.

I think March is the deadline the Wayne State ppl put for themselves to send out responses.

gluck everyone.

As far as the essay question goes, you do not need any preparation for it. They will give you a scenario, and you simply have to type up a paragraph or two saying what you would do given the situation. I heard back about 8 days after my interview, i know, it sucks, i checked my email like 50 times every day because they said it could be after 2 or 3 days, but expect it to be longer than they say!

sbrin....what was your GPA and pcat score?

I had my interview on the 31st too, I had Q4 on the essay. nothing to worry about or prepare for. the interviewer were also nice. Just know why pharmacy and why you. other than that just be yourself. The person that reviewed my file before I left told me that the admission's committee will meet in two weeks and we should know the status then. I hope its faster than that, I can't wait that long:scared:. I will post when I hear from them, Please do so as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
any acceptances for those who interviewed on the 31st. I read on the chat transcripts at the college website that if you do not hear about your status within two days, then you should assume that you have been placed on the wait list. I hope not:scared:. I still have not heared from them yet.

The chat transcript you read was from last year... they changed a whole bunch of stuff around this year. I was there on the 31st, they said the admissions committee was meeting about two weeks from when we interviewed, and as soon as they are through, they will notify each of us whether we have been accepted right away, or placed on the waitlist.

Got my wsu pharmacy acceptance today through email!:) Took exactly 7 days since the interview. Anyone else?

I did too :). now it is time to relax before starting an intensive program in september.

best of luck to everyone

I've been accepted to Wayne, too! Got my e-mail yesterday - looking forward to that formal letter...! I'm so relieved and excited!

Congrats to all who got accepted. If you dont mind could you guys share ur stats and how u felt after the interview.

I haven't gotten anything at all, no acceptance, no waitlist, and (thankfully)no rejection... :confused:.

Hopefully they just haven't gotten to my application yet and this is not a bad sign. I'm going to wait the two weeks they said it would take before I start to harass them :)

Did anyone else interview on the 31st and not get anything yet???

I haven't gotten anything at all, no acceptance, no waitlist, and (thankfully)no rejection... :confused:.

Hopefully they just haven't gotten to my application yet and this is not a bad sign. I'm going to wait the two weeks they said it would take before I start to harass them :)

Did anyone else interview on the 31st and not get anything yet???

...bump

Anyone else from the 31st still waiting?

Has anyone heard from wayne recently, im still waiting ahhhhh

Hey did they email you back yet?

nope...lol. I think he's ducking me... I hope that's not a bad sign.

Either way, everyone is supposed to know by the beginning of March... and at this point, that is just a week or two away.

Good luck, hopefully we'll see each other next year. :)

Hi,

I read some of your posts and thought that you would like to know that I received an email yesterday letting me know that I have been accepted. It took a month and a few days for them to get back to me, I got interviewed on the 23rd of January...so be patient. I know its easier said than done, but like someone mentioned everyone should be notified be March 15th.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I read some of your posts and thought that you would like to know that I received an email yesterday letting me know that I have been accepted. It took a month and a few days for them to get back to me, I got interviewed on the 23rd of January...so be patient. I know its easier said than done, but like someone mentioned everyone should be notified be March 15th.

Good Luck!

Thanks for letting us know Sam. Would you mind sharing your stats so the rest of us can see where we stand? Thanks, and congratulations on your admission!

Sure, I have a 3.57 science gpa, 3.5 overall, 89% pcat. I don't have a degree yet but I am pursuing a BS degree and should be done in the winter so that info is also in my file. I also know someone that had a 3.7 gpa and a 75% pcat score with a BS degree that got accepted.

Hope you get an answer soon (a good one that is). I know the feeling of having to wait. Good luck!

Congrats to all who got accepted. If you dont mind could you guys share ur stats and how u felt after the interview.

It helped me to review this info from others on SDN when I was applying/waiting, so here are my stats:

87% composite on PCAT
I can't remember my subscores exactly, but they were roughly:
78% Chemistry, 83% Biology, 87% Reading Comp, 91% Verbal, 94% Math
3.0/2.5 Writing

3.16 Overall GPA on PharmCAS
After my interview, I was told Wayne had calculated my GPA as 3.87. I have a 3.96 from my community college where I took most of my science pre-reqs, and a 3.01 from my university where I took most of my non-science courses.

I have a BS in General Mathematics, and five years of experience working in medical insurance. I worked part-time at a pharmacy for four months.

After the interview, I had mixed feelings. The interview was rocky at first, I rambled when I answered the first two questions, and I know my face was glowing red. I got sooo nervous when I walked into that room! But I pulled it together, and felt I actually made a connection with the interviewers by the end. When they opened the floor for me to ask them questions, I felt the interview became much more conversational and I was more comfortable with that.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

For those who have been accepted, how long did it take for you to receive your letter of acceptance after receipt of the acceptance email?

I received my acceptance email one week ago, but have not yet received the paper copy with details of the deposit and everything...and I am a compulsive mail/email checker. They're starting to make me think it was a prank email. :p

For those who have been accepted, how long did it take for you to receive your letter of acceptance after receipt of the acceptance email?

I received my acceptance email one week ago, but have not yet received the paper copy with details of the deposit and everything...and I am a compulsive mail/email checker. They're starting to make me think it was a prank email. :p

I received my e-mail on 2/7 and received my letter in the mail about 2/19. I live about three hours from Detroit.

I had the same feelings... Hang in there, it will come!

I still have not heard anything yet.... I think that is a bad sign :(

i am still waiting!!! you're not alone. does this mean we're not even on the waitlist, but we're not denied yet eh?? no news is good news, i guess.

I got pulled off of the wait list in early march after interviewing in February - im also going to decline my spot because I'm going to Michigan so hopefully one of you can get it!

Does anyone know of anyone who has gotten a rejection letter yet?

my friend's cousin got her rejection letter a week before march 15th. she said that pretty much everyone was notified by that time if they got accepted or rejected. im guessing you, meranda, that you are still wait listed. don't worry. its better than getting a rejection notice. did you apply to any other schools??

my friend's cousin got her rejection letter a week before march 15th. she said that pretty much everyone was notified by that time if they got accepted or rejected. im guessing you, meranda, that you are still wait listed. don't worry. its better than getting a rejection notice. did you apply to any other schools??

do you know if your friend interviewed? I spoke to Wayne last week, and they told me that they have already made the final selections for the 100 spots they have and I was advised to make other plans for next year. I haven't gotten a rejection letter though, so I guess that means I am waitlisted until they have 100 people accept the offer of admission. I believe that they only send rejection letters to those that did not interview for now, and they are going to wait until they get 100 deposits from people before they send out rejection letters to the rest of the interviewees.

So... if you were accepted to Wayne and plan to go elsewhere.... please let them know! :)

I interviewed in February and have not heard anything either! Last year I interviewed and was rejected about a week later so I thought no news was good news, but how did you hear they accepted 100 people? Did they interview 200?