Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossjb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

crossjb said:

No, I am also waiting to hear from Wayne, they sure are taking their time :( .

Members don't see this ad :)
crossjb said:

I spoke to them on the 18th and they said they had just begun looking at applications. They said they waited so long because people didn't have all their things in on time. I don't think this is fair, but its what they have decided to do. So they said about 3-4 weeks from the 18th we would begin hearing about interviews and such.

pharmgirl728 said:
I spoke to them on the 18th and they said they had just begun looking at applications. They said they waited so long because people didn't have all their things in on time. I don't think this is fair, but its what they have decided to do. So they said about 3-4 weeks from the 18th we would begin hearing about interviews and such.

You have got to be kidding me!

Sefowa04 said:
You have got to be kidding me!

I called the main office late Friday and was told letters should go out at the end of this week.

Don't hold me on that, but it makes sense. We're stretching into May now...

crossjb said:
I called the main office late Friday and was told letters should go out at the end of this week.

Don't hold me on that, but it makes sense. We're stretching into May now...

Well that sounds better...I need to know whether I should be spending money to take summer classes or not!

I called today and was told some acceptances have been mailed out already.

More will be going out Monday and Tuesday next week.

crossjb said:
I called today and was told some acceptances have been mailed out already.

More will be going out Monday and Tuesday next week.

So if I add another week for mail coming across the border to Canada then I should know within another 1-2weeks.... :(

tabman said:
So if I add another week for mail coming across the border to Canada then I should know within another 1-2weeks.... :(

I hear you. This waiting game is really putting my decision making on hold.

I'm hoping this is the week everything gets finalized, and we all know what's what. :thumbup:

crossjb said:

I got my letter yesterday. I got a conditional acceptance, so I have to meet with someone to discuss transfer credit for the prerequisites. So everyone should hear this week.

tabman said:
I got my letter yesterday. I got a conditional acceptance, so I have to meet with someone to discuss transfer credit for the prerequisites. So everyone should hear this week.

Did you get e-mail also?

Actually I got a acceptance e-mail two weeks ago, and I received a official mail yesterday.

Anyway, congrats!!!

babu said:
Did you get e-mail also?

Actually I got a acceptance e-mail two weeks ago, and I received a official mail yesterday.

Anyway, congrat!!!

babu -- you attend Wayne State or a different university for your pre reqs?

babu said:
Did you get e-mail also?

Anyway, congrats!!!

No I didn't get any emails.. But I get around 200 spam emails a day so my spam filter may have mismarked it and deleted it...

crossjb said:
babu -- you attend Wayne State or a different university for your pre reqs?

I attended Wayne.

I have not heard since September/October until I received an acceptance letter today...quite shocking.

Congrats tabman for being accepted. I just got my letter this past Friday. Im stoked...only thing left now is to find a place to live. Im not too picky, I just wanna avoid burned buildings and crack houses.

DoctorAJ said:
Congrats tabman for being accepted. I just got my letter this past Friday. Im stoked...only thing left now is to find a place to live. Im not too picky, I just wanna avoid burned buildings and crack houses.

Hi, I've dropped in on this thread a couple of times just because I live like fifteen minutes away from Wayne and I'm planning to apply next fall for 08. If yourself and tabman don't mind sharing, what were your gpa's,pcat scores and x-c activities. I really want (have) to get into wayne because I have a family and can't move. Thank You so much! Oh yeah by the way congrats, wish i were in your shoes!

DoctorAJ said:

DoctorAJ: Thanks! Let me know if you have any specific questions about places to live. I attended Wayne from 1998-2001 so I know the area quite well and even had an apartment in student housing on-campus as part of a scholarship for a couple years.

jregan said:
Hi, I've dropped in on this thread a couple of times just because I live like fifteen minutes away from Wayne and I'm planning to apply next fall for 08. If yourself and tabman don't mind sharing, what were your gpa's,pcat scores and x-c activities. I really want (have) to get into wayne because I have a family and can't move. Thank You so much! Oh yeah by the way congrats, wish i were in your shoes!

jregan: As for x-c I volunteer at a Hospital Pharmacy every Monday for 2-3 hours (not much! is needed) working as a tech or shadowing different pharmacists on rounds. My undergrad GPA was 3.33 and grad GPA was 3.95. My comprehensive PCAT score was 98 percentile.