Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magneto372

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't find a thread so I am making one! Who here is applying?

Members don't see this ad.

looks like nobody is applying! I should get accepted right away! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview for October 30th!

got an invite for the 30th also!!! but I have a biochem exam at the same time so we will see how this goes lol

I mean I know this is probably a horrible question to ask as there is no definitive answer to it, but I will ask anyways. Does anyone think our chances are good of getting accepted now that we have received the first interview date? And one other question is, when do we hear about our status after the interview, is there a set date like two weeks or a month?

I'm hoping that the first date is a good sign! Or maybe it just means we submitted out application early, who knows!

I met with Tamra Watt a few months ago and she said the usual acceptance turn around is approximately 2 weeks but it could be a few days after or longer if they're unsure.

Submitted my application on 9/24. Waiting for Pharmcas to send my application.

Anyone know when the next interview invitations are sent out?

Also ppl that got interview, mind posting stats?

I applied as well, I'm just waiting on my official PCAT score to be sent in

Who else is interviewing 10/30 at 10 am?!?

yep, interview on 10/30 at 10am!! I will see all you guys there :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email for an interview on Nov 12. Good luck everyone

For everyone that has received an interview, could you please let the rest of us know what your stats are - GPA, PCAT score, volunteer work, what day you submitted your application, etc.. that would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

Stats not that great, about average.

I submitted my application around the last week of September.

When did you submit yours?

3.18 overall GPA

95 pcat

Interview October 30th, 12-3 p.m.

Does the school notify you when they receive your PCAT scores?

Accepted!

Interviewed on 10/30
Finishing undergrad at UofM (biology degree)
3.5 GPA
94% PCAT

Accepted!

Interviewed on 10/30
Finishing undergrad at UofM (biology degree)
3.5 GPA
94% PCAT

Accepted, same interview date. I was shocked at the quick response :D:D

3.18 GPA
95 PCAT

I already had my interview but I'm anxiously waiting for the reply.
one of my friends already got accepted and it has been only 3 days.
my GPA is pretty good and I didn't do as well as I expected on the PCAT but the second time I took it, I raised my compositie and also I got 3.5 on my writing portion.
I got an email saying they are still reviewing other candidates and they will let me know
as soon as the committes make a decision. what does this mean? is this a sign for a waitlist? I'm like checking my emails constantly throughout the day and i'm gonna go nuts!

What's your PCAT score and GPA if you don't mind me asking

How many people were there at the interview?

For the interview, there were two different times: 10-1 and 12-3. A total of 40 people were interviewed all together from from what Tamra Watt told me. We all had an essay to write about some ethical situation and what we would do. Don't freak out about this because it is just a single page double spaced. Then there was the interview which happened really quickly. I was only asked two questions, 1) tell us about yourself and 2) why pharmacy. There are two people there who are both faculty members. After they asked me those questions they then asked if I had any questions. I interviewed on Oct. 30th and was accepted two days later :)

Do you mind sharing your GPA and PCAT score?

For the interview, there were two different times: 10-1 and 12-3. A total of 40 people were interviewed all together from from what Tamra Watt told me. We all had an essay to write about some ethical situation and what we would do. Don't freak out about this because it is just a single page double spaced. Then there was the interview which happened really quickly. I was only asked two questions, 1) tell us about yourself and 2) why pharmacy. There are two people there who are both faculty members. After they asked me those questions they then asked if I had any questions. I interviewed on Oct. 30th and was accepted two days later :)

Did anyone that interviewed on 10/30 not hear a response yet? I haven't heard anything and am starting to get worried.

Just got my email this morning, interview on Dec. 6th. Can't wait!

If you don't mind, could you provide us with your PCAT score and GPA? Some of us are still waiting on an interview invite... Thank you!

Did anyone that interviewed on 10/30 not hear a response yet? I haven't heard anything and am starting to get worried.

If you don't mind, could you provide us with your PCAT score and GPA? Some of us are still waiting on an interview invite... Thank you!

It's no problem. I have a 3.5 GPA and scored in the 85th Percentile on the PCAT.

I have my interview this Monday (12th). I heard allot of ppl got accepted already, I wonder how many seats are still open.

People that got accepted, was Wayne your first choice?

Good luck to everyone who has an interview on Monday (Nov. 12th)!!!!

Good luck on your interview, just came out of mines

How was your interview? What types of questions did they ask you? Also, could you provide us with your stats - GPA, PCAT score, and any volunteer experiences? Thank you :)

How was your interview? What types of questions did they ask you? Also, could you provide us with your stats - GPA, PCAT score, and any volunteer experiences? Thank you :)

Interview was pretty straight forward. They started off asking a general question to talk about myself a little bit. Then they asked follow up questions based on that. It was more like a conversation.

I do have tons of Pharmacy related experience. My stats are not all that great. I'd say its about average.

Are you interviewing soon?

Accepted!

Interviewed on 11/12
GPA: 3.87
PCAT 94th percentile

Morning, you?

Afternoon, Just got an email from Tamra stating "Please be advised that the admissions committee is still reviewing candidates. You will be informed of our admission decision via email as soon as the decision is made" :(

Anyone interview 10/30 and yet to hear anything?? When should we be expecting a respond..Going crazy over here!

Anyone interview 10/30 and yet to hear anything?? When should we be expecting a respond..Going crazy over here!

I am in the same boat! I emailed Tamra Watt and she said, "We use a rolling admissions process, so decisions will be made and offers will be made between November 1 and early February. As soon as a decision is made on your application, I will let you know."

For everyone that has already had an interview but has not yet received a response from Wayne could you please provide us with your stats - GPA, PCAT scores, and volunteer experiences. Some of us are still waiting on an interview and want to see where we stand in comparison to everyone else who has had an interview but did not receive an acceptance email yet. Thank you!

For everyone that has already had an interview but has not yet received a response from Wayne could you please provide us with your stats - GPA, PCAT scores, and volunteer experiences. Some of us are still waiting on an interview and want to see where we stand in comparison to everyone else who has had an interview but did not receive an acceptance email yet. Thank you!

When did you apply?

I applied a couple days before the deadline, so pretty late.

Ok, I think they sending out interviews based on when you applied.

How were your stats - GPA, PCAT score, etc... and when did you submit your application? Thanks in advance! :)