WCU vs. WSSU

Started by Horse Girl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Horse Girl

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey- can anyone give me advice or an opinion on these programs. I know that WSSU is a newer program than Western Carolina, but aside from that- I do not know a ton.

Can anyone give me some first hand advice about these schools and if one has any advantage over the other?
 
Having grown up in Winston-Salem, WSSU is not somewhere I would have considered attending in general but the PT program is different. As I understand it, they share a lot of resources with Wake Forest University so I imagine they have the best of both worlds - public school tuition and private school technology, etc.
A friend of mine just met with someone at WSSU. They spent 2 hours talking to her about pre-reqs etc. She was very impressed. They also were very straight forward about how difficult it is to get into PT school.

The only thing I know about WCU is that it's a great price and that it's in the middle of nowhere - which is probably really nice but I'm not interested in being that cold in the winter.