WCUCOM vs NYITCOM-AR

Started by asdf171
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asdf171

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have 2 acceptances, but I am torn between the 2. Please share any insight!! Both schools have relaxed dress code and non-mandatory lectures besides OMM, anatomy, etc. so I left those off the pros/cons list.

WCUCOM Pros:

P/F grading

WCUCOM Cons:
can't find the match list (will email them about this)
haven't visited the campus yet so unsure of how the town/campus is
no affiliated hospital for rotations

NYITCOM-AR Pros:

loved the campus when I visited, I like that it is connected to a state school
decent match list, lots of matches in my home state
affiliated with Baptist Memorial Health System for some rotations

NYITCOM-AR Cons:

high attrition rate in the past has been a concern for many
HP/P/F grading (not sure if this is a con compared to a true P/F school)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I am thrilled to have 2 acceptances, but I am torn between the 2. Please share any insight!! Both schools have relaxed dress code and non-mandatory lectures besides OMM, anatomy, etc. so I left those off the pros/cons list.

WCUCOM Pros:

P/F grading

WCUCOM Cons:
can't find the match list (will email them about this)
haven't visited the campus yet so unsure of how the town/campus is
no affiliated hospital for rotations

NYITCOM-AR Pros:

loved the campus when I visited, I like that it is connected to a state school
decent match list, lots of matches in my home state
affiliated with Baptist Memorial Health System for some rotations

NYITCOM-AR Cons:

high attrition rate in the past has been a concern for many
HP/P/F grading (not sure if this is a con compared to a true P/F school)
match list for WCUCOM for the last 3 years is posted multiple places on here, including the DO Match thread and the WCUCOM thread!