Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

WCVM 2008 admissions?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by piglet, Jun 14, 2008.

1. piglet

Veterinary Student
    Is there anyone out there who has heard if they have been accepted to WCVM yet?

2. lcarter103

7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I'm a student at WCVM; in my experience the letters are usually received sometime between June 20-25th; so you should hear either at the end of this week or beginning of next week, if it's the same as previous years. They send out all the letters (acceptances/waitlist/rejections) at the same time.

Good luck!

L

3. piglet

Veterinary Student
    Oh my god, I just found out that I got into WCVM!!!! I am absolutely ecstatic! WOW!!!

Now I have to look for housing - I am coming from Vancouver. Can't wait to start!!!

4. frozen_canadian

7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Congrats piglet! Welcome to the prairies! Just an FYI - housing in saskatoon is extremely hard to secure due to a huge shortage of affordable rentals. The college will send you a list of people looking for roommates - if you want to live with somebody I recommend calling people off that list the day you get it. Otherwish you may end up sleeping in a tent when classes start like some people did last year!

5. Kylana

Kylana WCVM 2015
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Congrats Piglet! You must be so excited! I'll be applying to WCVM in a year and a half (also from Vancouver) so hopefully I'll be able to join you then :)

6. piglet

Veterinary Student
    Thanks for the heads up regarding housing. I've been looking at the situation on the web and am posting apt. wanted ads now. I have no problem sharing so hopefully it works out.

7. lcarter103

7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Congrats piglet! I agree with the other poster about the housing thing - it was really hard for me to find a good place in Saskatoon last year. You can check out the U of S housing registry at https://online.ussu.ca/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=HousingRegistry&-loadframes for more housing listings.

Congrats again, and feel free to contact me if you want any more info/have any questions.

L