Weak SAT scores

Started by acej
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

acej

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the SAT's about 6 years ago and that was a point in my life where I did not take school seriously and I feel its the weakest point on my applications for post-bacc.

How seriously do these programs consider SAT scores? I did horribly bad on the exam. :laugh:
 
I took the SAT's about 6 years ago and that was a point in my life where I did not take school seriously and I feel its the weakest point on my applications for post-bacc.

How seriously do these programs consider SAT scores? I did horribly bad on the exam. :laugh:

What is your undergrad GPA? This will trump a low SAT...and a high SAT will not make up for a low GPA.

Post baccs have become very competitive - they tend to admit only those students who stand a good chance at med school admissions success, therefore the further down you are from a 3.7 GPA, the lower your chances of getting into a post bacc...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Undergrad is 3.4-3.5

Ya but different majors do constitute for different GPAs.. for example if I majored in political science I would easily maintain a 3.8 GPA.
 
then rock the gre...
i did bad on the SAT too. 1250
so i've been preping for GRE for a bit now.