weakness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dWiz

...ndn...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, I am currently taking my second quarter of O.CHem, and I think I have lost all motivation to study this subject. No matter how hard I try I pretty much end up with the same disappointing grades. All my other science classes, physics, gen. chem, etc. went by like a breeze, and I got A's without a lot of sweat. In this class I see many of my classmates who pretty much whined throughout the other science classes doing better than me. I feel academically challenged for the first time; and it sucks. Maybe I don't know how to study O. Chem? I just hope we don't have to study this crap in dental school...

Members don't see this ad.

do all of the problems at the end of each chapter. study the stuff first though so you can "cheat" as little as possible when doing the problems. if you can do this you will ace exams.

I know how you feel. my personal weakness is biochem and genetics/cell biology. basically any class where I feel that what we are learning is more or less useless, I have a very difficult time learning it even if I study.

dWiz, I feel your pain - the exact same thing happened to me, and I think the only reason I did even ok was that the grade on my third exam scared me so much it kind of forced me to study for the final. Do what Biogirl says if you can; my main problem was that I simply didn't bother to do any problems the whole semester - a bad idea, in retrospect :D , but I was too burned out to care at the time.

Just hang in there, and wait for the senioritis to pass, and :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good news and bad news......Good: speaking as a Biology grad Ochem does not come up much in upper level Bio classes and will not come back in Dental School!! only biochem....Bad news: The DAT has Ochem and if you think Ochem is confusing while you are in the lecture just wait till its been a few months since you have seen any of it and then have to start studying it for the DAT....I agree it sucks but dont just blow it off.....good luck

But the GOOD news is that the ochem on the DAT is not isanely difficult. It actually focuses on a few concepts and asks questions on those, so you can focus on studying those (fairly basic) concepts. I took the DAT almost nine months after I finished ochem II, and if you think I remembered much from class... and I did fine on the DAT. Just make it through this quarter - c'mon, you can do it...