Wearing boots at an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentofsdn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm being overly anxious about this but need advice. Gotta go to my backup suit cuz my normal one is out of commission currently. The backup suit has super short hems b/c i had them hemmed to sit nicely over chelsea boots. My tailor showed me that now I can't let the hems out, so would it be okay to wear chelsea boots to an interview? or should i opt for shoes and have mad of my socks be showing? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well if your choices are Chelsea boots or socks showing, I'd go for the former.

It might not be an option due to the cost but have you thought about suit rental? Not from Mens Wearhouse but something like The Black Tux, Nordstroms etc?

Well if your choices are Chelsea boots or socks showing, I'd go for the former.

It might not be an option due to the cost but have you thought about suit rental? Not from Mens Wearhouse but something like The Black Tux, Nordstroms etc?

probably can't swing a rental. i'm pretty broke at this point in the season. i thinnk ill just go for the boots then. thank you for the advice

Reactions: 1 user
Confidence. You can rock them.

When they ask you how you handled a difficult ethical dilemma, your well thought-out story ends with "I could have booted them out, but I booted myself instead" and kick your leg up at the same time for emphasis wearing your chelsea boots.

Last edited:
boots are standard dress attire in Texas. Saw a lot of Texan interiewees sporting their boots. We even wear them with our scrubs!

Reactions: 2 users
Depending on the type of leather and frills on the boots (wingtips etc), chelseas are considered formal enough to wear with a suit if they're not heavy grain. Give 'em a good shine and rock on.

Atleast you're not showing up in white bucks or blue suede shoes!