Web based pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmwannab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had no idea about this until today when I read the thread about Creighton's web based pharmacy program. So what's the deal with this. Are they easier to get in to? Will you be able to get a job when you graduate? heh. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmwannab said:
Had no idea about this until today when I read the thread about Creighton's web based pharmacy program. So what's the deal with this. Are they easier to get in to? Will you be able to get a job when you graduate? heh. Thanks.

I talked to the admission counselor there one time. Basically you would finish most of the classes online but then, you still have to visit the campus for lab during summer. And I believe that the wed based program is accredited so you'll get a job after you have passed the Board exam. However, I think that it's harder to get into the web based program since the students are supposed to be more self-disciplined. It's just my 2 cents. You might better check the school website.

Ok will do. Thanks. Any idea if that's the only web based school or if there's others?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmwannab said:
Ok will do. Thanks. Any idea if that's the only web based school or if there's others?

It is the only one, and it is very difficult to get into. They only accept 60 students. And yes, it is accredited, they graduated their first web-based class this past spring. The campus-based program I believe has graduated something close to 100 classes. They are a reputable school.

Hmm, that's funny, cuz when I call them to ask questions they make it seem like it is easy to get in. I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up! Michele, are you applying there?

starsweet said:
Hmm, that's funny, cuz when I call them to ask questions they make it seem like it is easy to get in. I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up! Michele, are you applying there?

Yes. They waitlisted me last year, so I am reapplying this year.