1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Based

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Kay51, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Kay51

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does anyone know of any other web based or distance learning pharmacy schools ..that are actually REAL...other then Creighton??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. penguins429

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    University of Maryland sorta has one -- they have a "Shady Grove" campus that is primarily web-based ... with labs in Baltimore ...

4. drugdoc

drugdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    When I interviewed at Creighton they addressed this. There are no other schools that are currently distance-based, but a few are in the works for the upcoming years. I think that he may have said fall of 2008, but I could be wrong.

5. ufgator

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    The University of Florida has three distance education sites in Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. They also have the program in Gainesville. I know that they have graduated students from all four campuses, though.

6. drugdoc

drugdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    By distance, I think they may mean how Creighton's program is that you do your work entirely at home, other than labs, which you do during the summer for 1 to 2 weeks. Other than those 1-2 weeks, you do not go to campus at all. We have people from all over the US who literally stay at home.