SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Web Based

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Kay51, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Kay51

Kay51 2+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2007
    North Carolina
    Does anyone know of any other web based or distance learning pharmacy schools ..that are actually REAL...other then Creighton??

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. penguins429

penguins429 7+ Year Member

Feb 7, 2006
    University of Maryland sorta has one -- they have a "Shady Grove" campus that is primarily web-based ... with labs in Baltimore ...

4. drugdoc

drugdoc Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2006
    When I interviewed at Creighton they addressed this. There are no other schools that are currently distance-based, but a few are in the works for the upcoming years. I think that he may have said fall of 2008, but I could be wrong.

5. ufgator

ufgator 2+ Year Member

Jan 26, 2007
    The University of Florida has three distance education sites in Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville. They also have the program in Gainesville. I know that they have graduated students from all four campuses, though.

6. drugdoc

drugdoc Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 1, 2006
    By distance, I think they may mean how Creighton's program is that you do your work entirely at home, other than labs, which you do during the summer for 1 to 2 weeks. Other than those 1-2 weeks, you do not go to campus at all. We have people from all over the US who literally stay at home.