website for voicing your opinion on VA nursing handbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cleansocks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
VA nursing handbook proposal is threatening to allow independence of many nurses with extra training including CRNAs.
http://www.asahq.org/advocacy/federal-activities/legislative-activity/vha-nursing-handbook

Please click on link below:

http://www.safevacare.org

Please write your comments and consider passing link onto your colleagues who might not visit SDN. There was a booth at ASA this year where people could access this website to post comments as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Va nurses aren't even good at being nurses. So they should be independent providers now? Makes sense.

Reactions: 3 users
Just posted. As a CA1, I already have plenty of examples of CRNA's doing a mediocre job and making a bad situation worse. My father served 20+ years in the Army and the idea of some Noctor being his sole anesthesia provider some day terrifies me.

Didn't have to dig deep on this one, a CRNA just made a major mistake in a case today that any medical student would have avoided so I used that as my personal example.

Members don't see this ad :)
Va nurses aren't even good at being nurses. So they should be independent providers now? Makes sense.
This is the most accurate statement. VA nurses in general are the most horrendous sorrowful excuses for nurses. I cannot tell you horror show I witnessed and the personality disorders when I used to be at a VA. I wouldnt send my dog over there to get care. Now if nurses take over, I would recommend care there only for CRNAs and nurses.

Reactions: 1 user
This is the most accurate statement. VA nurses in general are the most horrendous sorrowful excuses for nurses. I cannot tell you horror show I witnessed and the personality disorders when I used to be at a VA. I wouldnt send my dog over there to get care. Now if nurses take over, I would recommend care there only for CRNAs and nurses.

Our VA nurses are terrible, except for the SICU. Our SICU ones aren't bad. The ward is the worst, followed by the OR. I feel like their first instinct for every situation is "Can I give the patient benadryl to help them sleep?" More like, can I give benadryl to knock them out so I can avoid my duties. At least that was my experience during ward months.

The OR is a little bit better, but the nurse anesthetist all wear those aana propandga badges.

Your opinions are irrelevant; the powers that be will do whatever they want, with no regard for patient safety.