Wedding during School (Temple)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiztiKatz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how/when to have a wedding while in dental school.

I am starting my 2nd year at Temple (if that matters), and it looks like my wedding would be during my 4th year or after.

1 issue I am running into is the fact that I want to do a residency of some sort.In addition , the groom to be has blackout dates during christmas and from January until April in which he can not take off

If anyone has been in this situation before I would love to hear how you did it.

Can you take off 10 days from school? I would prefer not have a wedding during June so that kinda rules out directly after graduation.

Did you plan during school or residency?

Any insight would be helpful!!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

awww CONGRADULATIONS! i think a summer wedding would be perfect for you guys. end of may or june. good luck! :)

awww CONGRADULATIONS! i think a summer wedding would be perfect for you guys. end of may or june. good luck! :)

There have been several people at my school get married during the academic year. Summer tends to be the best time, but there are a few people who got married during the year, and just took their honeymoon at a later date. I know that is not the typical way things are done, but plenty of people have gone about it that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
than get married during the school yr. christmas n jan till april is outta the question. why not sept, oct, or nov? a fall wedding?

than get married during the school yr. christmas n jan till april is outta the question. why not sept, oct, or nov? a fall wedding?

so why not a fall wedding... right before the fall semester or quarter starts? :)

I'm going to be a second year at temple too! One of our classmates got married in june and dr. Boberick let him turn his final project in early and also take the final at an earlier date. So, I think temple is willing to work around your schedule gunna