Wednesday Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WisNeuro

Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a charting/report writing day. Instead of resurrecting the Friday thread on non-Fridays, I am birthing this thing to hold our olio that occurs on hump day.

Members don't see this ad.

Light clinical day for me, so i’ll be catching up on report writing and hopefully will be wrapping up a manuscript i’ve been putting off. I have a (work) dinner tentatively planned. I’m pretty full workwise, but i’m still taking 1-2 lunch/dinner meetings per wk because you never know if one or more referral sources will tail off.

Research day! :banana: Followed by a music rehearsal. Got to keep that work-life-wine balance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently on hold with Pearson.. again. Why can't their system automatically generate an invoice without me having to call and request it four times? I..I just don't understand. Thats an aside, hopefully this won't take another hour like it has each time before.. I just don't understand how this is the way the world is.

Otherwise, it's a writing day until this afternoon when I teach. I've got a few drafts I want try and move forward so I think some Chris Stapleton should help the day be productive.

Pearson sucks, man. I only deal with them when absolutely necessary. I would gladly donate to any cause to expand our freely available tests and normative studies if it hurt this company.
No joke. That was exactly what was running through my head when I responded to the other thread about the WAIS subtest.

No joke. That was exactly what was running through my head when I responded to the other thread about the WAIS subtest.

Yeah, I'm wondering of the requiring everything be scored on a remote server issue they are pushing with every new test will be the final impetus needed to start a larger movement in that direction.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I'm wondering of the requiring everything be scored on a remote server issue they are pushing with every new test will be the final impetus needed to start a larger movement in that direction.
I hope so. I'll do anything I can to support developing good instruments, even if its outside of my area of expertise a little bit- It's still close enough to justify it.

My favorite conversation with Pearson last week was when trying to setup to order with them was something pretty close to this:

Pearson: "I'm sorry, you need to have class C qualifications to purchase that and that means a doctorate in clinical, counseling..."
Me: "Yes ma'am, I have one of those as indicated in the qualifications sheet I completed"
Pearson: "Oh yes, I see that. You do. But I can't sell this to you because you are not a class c because it says you don't have a doctorate"
Me: "But I do"
Pearson: "yes, It says so right here, but it says you're don't have one"
Me:"Yes ma'am, I understand that your system has classified me as not having one and yet it is also listed in your system that I have one..."
Pearson: "Hm, I'm not sure what's going on.. let me check..
*Exciting hold music*
Pearson: "ok, so I'm told that you need to list your qualification again"
Me: "The same ones?"
Pearson: "Yes"
me: "What would that change?"
Pearson: "Well, then we could verify you have a doctorate"
Me: "It's unclear to me what that would change as you already have that information. Might there be another way to correct this problem?"
Pearson: "I'm not sure, but that seems like filling out the form again with the same information would fix the problem.."

It went on like this for a few more minutes.

I dealt with them a few weeks ago and it was painful. It took over an hour to get my credentials verified and some test credits added to the right account.

This was after my IT person (he handled all software stuff) and admin called. They needed me to call because I was the person requesting verification....bizarre.

Last edited:
I hope to learn that all the cost of the assessments are being spent on something utterly ridiculous, like a 15 story water slide shaped like the small intestine. This way at least I understand where the leadership is placing value and 'get it'. I just got done with a one hour wait time to get an invoice that doesn't auto-generate and I have to call about every time. The guy says "I'll send you a closed out ticket and a customer satisfaction survey.. you don't have to take it.. i Mean, only take it if you really want to"

Oh, I want to.

Reactions: 1 user