Week before ACT

jballer91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am going to be taking the April 4th ACT, which is next week. I am just starting my spring break so I have the entire week off. My prior preparation has been taking ACT classes at Kaplan and their four practice tests but I have not done any studying on my own. I am hoping to get 2 hours of prep work each day til Saturday, mostly working on speed stuff with science and reading (my weakest ones). Also, I was planning on the day before, friday, to take a full practice test in the back of my book in the morning; so that I can mirror exactly what I'll have to do the next day. Is that a good idea? any other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Dont do anything the day before, just relax. It will probably help you the most. Relax a bit. How have you been scoring on practice tests? Hopefully you have a goal set. Start doing your own studying!, take probably between now and saturday 2 full length practice tests, and study in between. Go over your mistakes.

Your mirroring sounds good but just do it a day or 2 before. You want to be as relaxed and calm as you can the day before. Nothing you really do the day before can prepare you more than you have already been so everything should be good. If you feel your falling behind, you might want to start the vacation with more hours, and end closer to test day with less hours.

EyEnStein 07 is right.

Also make sure you can wake up on time and still feel energized for the test. It would be a good idea to take those two practice tests under ideal testing conditions, taking the required breaks and starting and ending on time.

The day before should be devoted to relaxing, getting enough sleep, and focusing mentally! You can do this! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am going to be taking the April 4th ACT, which is next week. I am just starting my spring break so I have the entire week off. My prior preparation has been taking ACT classes at Kaplan and their four practice tests but I have not done any studying on my own. I am hoping to get 2 hours of prep work each day til Saturday, mostly working on speed stuff with science and reading (my weakest ones). Also, I was planning on the day before, friday, to take a full practice test in the back of my book in the morning; so that I can mirror exactly what I'll have to do the next day. Is that a good idea? any other suggestions?

Also, bring some chocolate bars to the exam. They will charge you up when you are tired.

Yeah, food is definitely a good idea--if nothing else, bring a water bottle. And wear layers, too, because you never know what the room will be like (my first one was in an un-air-conditioned building on a 90 degree day, and there was only one fan in the room and guess who wasn't anywhere near it, and the second was in a building that was over-air-conditioned room that was absolutely freezing).

I always heard Mountain Dew was good... anything with lots of caffeine really.

Mm... I wouldn't do caffeine. Sugar high means sugar crash.

That's why you drink lots and lots and lots.

Excuse you!

Hmph.

Silly seniors think they know everything.