• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

USMLE Week Out. How do I overhaul?

SD Hopeamine

2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hey all. Kind of getting stressed out. My test is a week from today. My predicted score is a 240 based on the following SAs

UWSA1: 237
UWSA2: 239
NBME 17: 230
Free120: 79%
UW percentage (not percentile): 69%

I took the free 120 today and my predicted score actually decreased slightly. I feel like i'm all of a sudden doing worse on UW blocks and it freaks me out a little bit. My goal is 240 and so I need help overhauling this week. What can I do this week that is going to be most beneficial for my step performance?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Deecee2DO

Medical Student
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2015
New Jersey
  1. Medical Student
Hey all. Kind of getting stressed out. My test is a week from today. My predicted score is a 240 based on the following SAs

UWSA1: 237
UWSA2: 239
NBME 17: 230
Free120: 79%
UW percentage (not percentile): 69%

I took the free 120 today and my predicted score actually decreased slightly. I feel like i'm all of a sudden doing worse on UW blocks and it freaks me out a little bit. My goal is 240 and so I need help overhauling this week. What can I do this week that is going to be most beneficial for my step performance?

Any advice is much appreciated!
A. Dont burn out.
B. Focus on your weaknesses will give you that boost. Look at your UWorld subject breakdown and do amboss/UWorld questions on your lowest percentiles.
C. Double speed first 3 chapters of Pathoma
D. Never stop doing questions until a day or two before test day then just go light and relax. you dont want to be burnt for a 280 question marathon

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.