Weekend coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted50478

I'd prefer to work hard all week and get the weekend off.
Which programs have 3 weekends completely off per month?

Members don't see this ad.

i think UT-Houston

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is covering the weekends then at these places? I learned a **it load on the weekends and nights in residency. This is when you see some really acute pathology. And you also get some autonomy. It lets you know if you are ready or not to handle whatever comes through the door. No preparation the night before your case, just move them over to the table and lets get it on.
I still got time off in residency. Hell, I'm a much better snowboarder and mtnbiker because of the time I was off during my residency. But when I left there I knew I could do any case that came through the door. And when I entered my first job, it was obvious that I was trained better than some from "easier" residencies. So be careful what you wish for, You just might get it.

agreed,, if you take a lot of call during residency youll be better off .. i took 6-10 overnight calls a month during anesthesia residency at a busy private hospital.. 24 hour OR.. and a busy trauma center.. definitely saw a lot of different things.. Im not sure it helped me academically but I wasnt green when i became an attending..