Weight of Recommendation Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

One Punch Man

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important are letters of recommendation when applying to DPT programs?

I had not spent much time establishing a close relationship with my recent professor due to work; and the professors that I had been close with probably don't remember me anymore since I had graduated several years ago.

I planned on advertising my selling points through my high prerequisite GPA, my high GRE, my remarkable leadership, and stupendous personal essays. Would short/neutral references be sufficient if all of these are present?

Members don't see this ad.

I had not spent much time establishing a close relationship with my recent professor due to work; and the professors that I had been close with probably don't remember me anymore since I had graduated several years ago.

I planned on advertising my selling points through my high prerequisite GPA, my high GRE, my remarkable leadership, and stupendous personal essays. Would short/neutral references be sufficient if all of these are present?
Just send them some things about you or a short essay to "remind" them things about you.

I went to a large university so it was hard to get to know my professors, but I asked my research professor because I worked closer to her! And also, you can ask a professor you had previously and give them a resume. Maybe for a professor for once of your smaller classes that would at least recognize your face.