Weight of Recommendation Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

One Punch Man

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How important are letters of recommendation when applying to DPT programs?

I had not spent much time establishing a close relationship with my recent professor due to work; and the professors that I had been close with probably don't remember me anymore since I had graduated several years ago.

I planned on advertising my selling points through my high prerequisite GPA, my high GRE, my remarkable leadership, and stupendous personal essays. Would short/neutral references be sufficient if all of these are present?
 
How important are letters of recommendation when applying to DPT programs?

I had not spent much time establishing a close relationship with my recent professor due to work; and the professors that I had been close with probably don't remember me anymore since I had graduated several years ago.

I planned on advertising my selling points through my high prerequisite GPA, my high GRE, my remarkable leadership, and stupendous personal essays. Would short/neutral references be sufficient if all of these are present?
Just send them some things about you or a short essay to "remind" them things about you.
 
How important are letters of recommendation when applying to DPT programs?

I had not spent much time establishing a close relationship with my recent professor due to work; and the professors that I had been close with probably don't remember me anymore since I had graduated several years ago.

I planned on advertising my selling points through my high prerequisite GPA, my high GRE, my remarkable leadership, and stupendous personal essays. Would short/neutral references be sufficient if all of these are present?
I went to a large university so it was hard to get to know my professors, but I asked my research professor because I worked closer to her! And also, you can ask a professor you had previously and give them a resume. Maybe for a professor for once of your smaller classes that would at least recognize your face.