Weird application question on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caroochy

Bigger than yours
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing my secondaries right now, and most of them in one way or another ask me to " Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application." What do they want here????

Members don't see this ad.

They want just what they are asking for. Do you have any special circumstances that would set you apart from the normal candidate and perhaps explain any portion of your application?

The answer is typically "no."

ItsGavinC said:
They want just what they are asking for. Do you have any special circumstances that would set you apart from the normal candidate and perhaps explain any portion of your application?

The answer is typically "no."

Wouldn't this be the section where you would explain a bad grade or two, the reason for a low DAT score the first time around, dead family member caused bad grades, or is this where you tell them that you are handicapped or something

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same question, it is on 4 of my secondaries, any help would be great.

What schools are these for if you don't mind me asking?

my point of view is that this section is for stuff like:

my mom died the day before my final in Bio 250, so that's why I failed.

I went into labor during the QR section of the DAT, so I scored an 8 which brought my whole AA down.

I grew up in a crackhouse, which is why I have several misdemeanors from my early childhood, but I paid my own way through college and have cleaned up my act and distanced myself from my past and haven't had any arrests in 6 years.

I am blind, that's why I only scored 19 on the PAT

I was abandoned by my parents in North Africa, run over by a jeep which crushed the left half of my skull, and over the course of the last 10 years have learned to teach myself how to feel pain and walk...and also how to speak and write English....it was hard so that's why I'm still not all that good at English.

djeffreyt - funny stuff. funny, funny stuff. lmao. I agree.

I am blind, that's why I only scored 19 on the PAT

haha I busted out a chuckle in the middle of the library on this one.

LazurasDC said:
haha I busted out a chuckle in the middle of the library on this one.
I was hit by a book while studying in the library. Damaged part of my brain.