Weird cancer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapience8x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm on psych this month so i shouldnt' even be giving this a second thought. However a patient came in saying that he was in remission from cysto-osteophytic-polynoma? WTH? I tried googling it to see if i could get something similar to pop up- NOT. The patient usually does screw medical terms up but they can be close like "Gordion" for Geodon, etc so i figured mayeb it was close to something? so the attending turns to me and says "okay PATHOLOGIST- what is THAT?" Anyone knwo of anything close?

Members don't see this ad.

When I was on psych and family med, I remember residents, attendings, patients, and med students all being unable to grasp the term "Pseudomyxoma peritonii" but I don't see that making it to cysto whatever. I recommend asking the patient where his tumor was, how he found out he had it, what his treatment was, etc, then you can narrow it down.

Okay I'm on psych this month so i shouldnt' even be giving this a second thought. However a patient came in saying that he was in remission from cysto-osteophytic-polynoma?

Made up.

ha!

No I'm kidding but I have no idea what that could be.
Maybe Osteitis fibrosa cystica aka. von Recklinghausen's disease of bone or Brown tumor of hyperparathyroidism.

But Osteitis fibrosa cystica is not really close to cysto-osteophytic-polynoma

Okay I'm on psych this month so i shouldnt' even be giving this a second thought. However a patient came in saying that he was in remission from cysto-osteophytic-polynoma? WTH? I tried googling it to see if i could get something similar to pop up- NOT. The patient usually does screw medical terms up but they can be close like "Gordion" for Geodon, etc so i figured mayeb it was close to something? so the attending turns to me and says "okay PATHOLOGIST- what is THAT?" Anyone knwo of anything close?
Obviously he's an F-to-M transsexual with ovarian cystadenocarcinoma. :idea: