Weird PCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Williaminnewyork

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys:
Here's the weird PCAT score I just got this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dude your in a great shape... 97 % composite is great! What did you use to study? I don't think schools will care about vocab and reading I feel like they look at the big picture.. Which is 97%

Hey guys:
Here's the weird PCAT score I just got this morning!
Verbal: 390 30%
Biology:447 97%
Reading: 375 13%
Math: 498 99%
Chemistry: 463 99%
Composite: 435 97%
It looks so unbalanced, so would pharmacy schools greatly take it into consideration? Is unbalance really bad?
How was the biology and chemistry ? Was it in depth?

Dude your in a great shape... 97 % composite is great! What did you use to study? I don't think schools will care about vocab and reading I feel like they look at the big picture.. Which is 97%
The school I am applying to has a minimum requirement for reading and verbal - 25th percentile.

To OP:
Make sure you read the expectations of the schools you are applying for. The composite score is great but your a 13 in reading may hurt you for schools that have requirements like mine, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I really hope so!
Actually, I had my chemistry and biology and math from school. I bought Kaplan for studying PCAT, which I am not quite sure if it helped. Be honest, the first time I took Kaplan online practice, I got 99% in Chemistry and Math, and 96% in Biology, yet 30% in Reading, and 6% Verbal (not yet study vocab at that time). By the way, I am majoring in Chemistry and minoring in Biochemistry.

The school I am applying to has a minimum requirement for reading and verbal - 25th percentile.

To OP:
Make sure you read the expectations of the schools you are applying for. The composite score is great but your a 13 in reading may hurt you for schools that have requirements like mine, good luck!
Thanks, which school are you applying to? The one I am applying to (which is SUNY buffalo) requires minimum 300 without composite. I have 30+97+13+99+99=338 do meet the minimum requirement, but just not sure if they will judge this weird result. I also apply to multiple schools to be safe. Thanks!

Thanks, which school are you applying to? The one I am applying to (which is SUNY buffalo) requires minimum 300 without composite. I have 30+97+13+99+99=338 do meet the minimum requirement, but just not sure if they will judge this weird result. I also apply to multiple schools to be safe. Thanks!
I'm applying to Ferris State University in Michigan.