Weird PCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dude your in a great shape... 97 % composite is great! What did you use to study? I don't think schools will care about vocab and reading I feel like they look at the big picture.. Which is 97%
 
Hey guys:
Here's the weird PCAT score I just got this morning!
Verbal: 390 30%
Biology:447 97%
Reading: 375 13%
Math: 498 99%
Chemistry: 463 99%
Composite: 435 97%
It looks so unbalanced, so would pharmacy schools greatly take it into consideration? Is unbalance really bad?
How was the biology and chemistry ? Was it in depth?
 
Dude your in a great shape... 97 % composite is great! What did you use to study? I don't think schools will care about vocab and reading I feel like they look at the big picture.. Which is 97%
The school I am applying to has a minimum requirement for reading and verbal - 25th percentile.

To OP:
Make sure you read the expectations of the schools you are applying for. The composite score is great but your a 13 in reading may hurt you for schools that have requirements like mine, good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude your in a great shape... 97 % composite is great! What did you use to study? I don't think schools will care about vocab and reading I feel like they look at the big picture.. Which is 97%
Thanks, I really hope so!
Actually, I had my chemistry and biology and math from school. I bought Kaplan for studying PCAT, which I am not quite sure if it helped. Be honest, the first time I took Kaplan online practice, I got 99% in Chemistry and Math, and 96% in Biology, yet 30% in Reading, and 6% Verbal (not yet study vocab at that time). By the way, I am majoring in Chemistry and minoring in Biochemistry.
 
The school I am applying to has a minimum requirement for reading and verbal - 25th percentile.

To OP:
Make sure you read the expectations of the schools you are applying for. The composite score is great but your a 13 in reading may hurt you for schools that have requirements like mine, good luck!
Thanks, which school are you applying to? The one I am applying to (which is SUNY buffalo) requires minimum 300 without composite. I have 30+97+13+99+99=338 do meet the minimum requirement, but just not sure if they will judge this weird result. I also apply to multiple schools to be safe. Thanks!
 
Thanks, which school are you applying to? The one I am applying to (which is SUNY buffalo) requires minimum 300 without composite. I have 30+97+13+99+99=338 do meet the minimum requirement, but just not sure if they will judge this weird result. I also apply to multiple schools to be safe. Thanks!
I'm applying to Ferris State University in Michigan.