weird phenomenon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DuckDuckGas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it normal to get DO II's earlier than MD when I submitted DO secondaries 2 weeks after MD secondaries?
as of now, I have not heard back from MDs regarding II (submitted secondaries during time frame 8/14 - 8/20). Im wondering whether MD schools usually take longer than DO schools to process/review application?

Or maybe I'm not hearing back from MD schools right now because I took 2 weeks to fillout supplemental apps v.s. <1 week for DO schools?

Hoping for some explanations. Should I worry about MD schools not getting back to me?

Members don't see this ad.

is it normal to get DO II's earlier than MD when I submitted DO secondaries 2 weeks after MD secondaries?
as of now, I have not heard back from MDs regarding II (submitted secondaries during time frame 8/14 - 8/20). Im wondering whether MD schools usually take longer than DO schools to process/review application?

Or maybe I'm not hearing back from MD schools right now because I took 2 weeks to fillout supplemental apps v.s. <1 week for DO schools?

Hoping for some explanations. Should I worry about MD schools not getting back to me?

What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
3.64c 3.51s 31(12/7/12)

It's because your stats are above competitive for DO and so they are trying to snatch you up as fast as possible. :D The thing that is probably killing your app on the MD side is that 7. It does not mean you won't be getting interviews, it is probably why you are not getting interviews from them as quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
3.64c 3.51s 31(12/7/12)

I agree with Island here. DO schools are going to offer interviews and try and snag higher stat applicants prior to them receiving any correspondence from MD schools. Now if you apply the same theory to MD schools, your stats aren't anything to shrug off, but MD schools are receiving even higher stat applicants like >3.75 GPA's and 32+ MCATs. You're definitely MD caliber stat wise, but you will have to be more patient on the MD side than the DO side.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think I should add more lower tier MD schools right now to increase my chances? Is it too late in the cycle to do that?

Do you guys think I should add more lower tier MD schools right now to increase my chances? Is it too late in the cycle to do that?

Tough call. I am not very knowledgable in this area. If I were to add more school, I would add ones with a later primary dead line and in the midwest region.

Reactions: 1 user
You should have added more low-tier and mid-tiers earlier, never to late - add them now!!