Weird question... gum during boards?

Started by Espressso
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Espressso

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you chew gum during the exams at the prometric sites? Can't seem to find the answer to that question anywhere.
 
Can you chew gum during the exams at the prometric sites? Can't seem to find the answer to that question anywhere.
I was surprised when they told me no this past summer--has never been a problem in the past. I always chewed gum during my MCAT and STEP/COMLEX exams.
 
Most likely it won't be an issue, they might want to inspect it first to ensure it isn't a recording device. I still don't understand the prometric logic of requiring finger print and photo ID. Shouldn't finger prints be enough? You can't forge or fake a finger print..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was surprised when they told me no this past summer--has never been a problem in the past. I always chewed gum during my MCAT and STEP/COMLEX exams.

Most likely it won't be an issue, they might want to inspect it first to ensure it isn't a recording device. I still don't understand the prometric logic of requiring finger print and photo ID. Shouldn't finger prints be enough? You can't forge or fake a finger print..

Thanks guys. I've heard from our office of national boards on campus that it seems to be a prometric site specific thing... so I should call the site directly. I'm going to do that.

I have a strange dependency on chewing gum during my exams and I can't imagine taking a 7 hour exam and not chewing gum all day.