Weird wide web and HICP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been having some weird experiences with HICP and their website lately. I emailed them several weeks ago to ask about the status of their "spring entering" class. I never received a reply.

I was reading their information section a week or two ago, and they listed some "fast facts" about thier program. I just checked out NVCP's website (which happens to have "NVCP is in no way affiliated with the proposed Hawaii College of Pharmacy. Due to recent inquiries, Nevada College of Pharmacy wishes to state unequivocally that it has no affiliation or relationship either formally or informally with the proposed Hawaii College of Pharmacy . . ." written in bold on their home page) and they list almost the EXACT same things that HICP had on their site. It said things like:

"An educational system in which you can realistically attain high levels of achievement.

We do not place emphasis on grades, rather on achievement of curricular outcomes.

An educational experience that goes beyond memorization of facts."

These are IDENTICAL to the statements on the HICP page. I decided to check out the HICP.org page, and the entire website seems to be gone ("under construction"). I also tried IslandPharmacy.org. Does anybody know what the status of HICP is? They never replied to my questions, their website is gone, and part of it seems to be taken verbatim from NVCP. :confused:

(image removed since the site is back up now! :thumbup: )

Members don't see this ad.

Their site is back up, but they still don't mention spring admissions.

jdpharmd?, did you apply to hicp and if you did, have you heard anything from them yet? i applied over a month ago and still haven't heard any news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Four of my friends (also my future roommates) and I all applied late January at most. All of us were accepted and planning to move to Oahu in September. My other friend applied mid-March and was interviewed, but was placed on the waitlist because there were no more seats available. Good luck!

when you interviewed, did they mention other pharmacy schools that HICP is affliated with? when i interviewed, the person told me that they are possibly planning to establish more schools.
and one more thing, was your friend notified by mail of the wait list?
thanks....waiting for admission decision is killing me

sungs01 said:
jdpharmd?, did you apply to hicp and if you did, have you heard anything from them yet? i applied over a month ago and still haven't heard any news.

He's a first year student at Midwestern University Glendale College of Pharmacy...he's just, um, curious about HICP? :)

LVPharm said:
He's a first year student at Midwestern University Glendale College of Pharmacy...he's just, um, curious about HICP? :)
LV knows what's up. :) I've just been trying to stay current and check out the new programs. HICP seems to be a bit of a rumor mill, so I'm always interested in their admissions cycle, facilities, etc. I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, but I wasn't exactly sure where NVCP was.. I would have stopped by. ;)